Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3gs 4.3.5 mess

Default 3gs 4.3.5 mess
    Hey guys I'm new on here. I've jailbroken and unlocked phones for quite awhile now, some of this new stuff is throwing me for a loop.

Here's my scenario:

I have two 3gs's that I just got (never jailbroken so no SHSH)

Running 4.3.5
    Baseband 5.16.02
    DFU Looped

I have managed to get them out of the dfu loop and into a recovery loop numerous times, but when I try to exit the recovery loop I go back into dfu. Both phones are acting exactly the same.

I had read that if you got the phone to boot into 4.1 that you could still save SHSH blobs and it's simple from there, but I can't get either phone to accept a 4.1 ios though itunes.

And if I try to downgrade to 4.1 in redsnow I get an error saying the NAND is bad or w/e and it just freezes on the white text and you have to hard reset it and then it goes back into the loop.

I have also tried fixrecovery in 4.2.1 and 4.3 and neither of those work either.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

Redsnow doesnt downgrade firmware. Only itunes can restore a firmware to a phone.

You can still save 4.1 SHSH for 3GS with tiny umbrella as Apple is still signing 4.1 for them. Make sure you deselect the box that says to request SHSH from cydia when saving your SHSH.

So just shift/option restore to 4.1 in itunes. When you get the 1015 error use tiny umbrella to exit recovery. If for whatever reason it doesnt work and you keep going into recovery then you will have to use a custom 4.1 firmware made with pwnage tool or snowbreeze and restore to that in itunes.

OK, Tried both ways (custom (snowbreeze) and stock 4.1) again before I responded. When I use itunes to restore (TU running request from cydia unchecked, set hosts to cydia unchecked, dfu by ireb) the phone goes back into dfu and I can hit fix recovery on TU but it doesn't do anything.

Thanks

Have you actually saved the 4.1 SHSH with tiny umbrella first though?

no, both phones are stuck in a dfu loop so TU won't allow me to save SHSH's and when I've gotten them into recovery they are on 4.3.5 so TU says it can't save any SHSH's

Thanks

Ok, make sure you have that "set hosts to cydia" box unchecked in tiny umbrella. Then close tiny umbrella, do not use it at all. Then try the restore to the custom 4.1 again in itunes.

iPhone cannot be restored at this time because the iphone software update server could not be contacted or is temporaily unavailable

Thanks

Either your internet isnt working or your hosts file is messed up then if you are getting that error.

most likely host file because I changed it to

127.0.0.1 localhost
    ::1 localhost
    74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com

and it doesn't do that but it gives me an error 3194

Thanks

Delete that 74.208.105.171 gs.apple line. That is cydia. You want your hosts to be pointed to Apple for this.

ok this is it now and now I still get an error 3194

127.0.0.1 localhost
    #74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com

is that right?

Thanks

Lets try a different route. Get your ECID from your phone with this: iClarified - iPhone - How to Find Your iPhone ECID [Windows]

Then put that ECID into tiny umbrella manually and save your SHSH and tell me what SHSH you are able to save. Make sure the box that says "Request SHSH from cydia" is not checked.

4.1, 4.3.5 and on saved :P

Thanks

Now we are getting somewhere

Do the process of restoring to the custom 4.1 again. This time use tiny umbrella and start the tss server for the process.

Works!!!!! thank you sooo much haha, you're a gem

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Lets try a different route. Get your ECID from your phone with this: iClarified - iPhone - How to Find Your iPhone ECID [Windows]

Then put that ECID into tiny umbrella manually and save your SHSH and tell me what SHSH you are able to save. Make sure the box that says "Request SHSH from cydia" is not checked.
    I tried the same things, dont see any saved SHSH when I manually enter the ECID. I have a customer who brought in a dfu looped phone, we dont know which firmware he is on. I tried every custom and original fW...cant really get anywhere. Then I tried your method of manually entered the ecid (and unchecking 'request shsh from cydia), no saved shsh blobs show up. Any chance to recover from this?

ok, put it in dfu mode and manually enter in the ECID (make sure it's named and everything so it comes up as custom on the side) click on that custom and hit save SHSH

Set Hosts and Request SHSH must be unchecked

Quote Originally Posted by swip51 View Post
    ok, put it in dfu mode and manually enter in the ECID (make sure it's named and everything so it comes up as custom on the side) click on that custom and hit save SHSH

Set Hosts and Request SHSH must be unchecked
    thanks for responding...I did exactly that..I see the device under custom setting in the left panel and when I click/highlight the device and save the shsh, nothing shows up in the right side. Both set hosts and request shsh are unchecked in the advanced settings. Do you want screenshots?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast