Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS on ipad bb / 4.3.5 stuck in recovery mode

Hello all! while traveling abroad last month I upgraded and unlocked my 3GS on the ipad bb running 4.3.3, I just got back and without thinking updated to 4.3.5 when itunes asked. Now I'm stuck in recovery mode on 4.3.5.

I've tried using redsn0w and flashing 4.3.3 but it just goes through, completes the installer and puts the phone back into recovery mode. I'm not sure where to go from here to get the phone back into a functional state. I don't care about the data/bb/firmware as everything is backed up, I'm just looking for a solution to get a functional device back. Thanks!

Found this post where I fit right in: http://modmyi.com/forums/unlocking-a...-baseband.html

So I'm assuming we just hang out until Pwnagetool or snowbreeze update?

There's a guide to doing a tethered boot here: Jailbreak 4.3.5 iOS iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad, iPod touch With Redsn0w [Tutorial] | Redmond Pie

But I just keep getting to the boot screen with the pineapple, and re-running redsnow and clicking "just boot" takes me to enter DFU mode and it never boots the device
    Last edited by acheung456; 2011-08-01 at 03:24 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Try restoring back to 4.1 firmware. Apple is still currently signing this for the 3G/3GS.

I followed the links in my first post and my device is up and running. Just make sure to use itunes to 'fail' the 4.3.5 update, use redsn0w to jailbreak and point at the 4.3.4 FW, then use redsn0w again to do the tethered boot.

thanks for all the help! =)