Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: anyway to downgrade from 4.3.4 to 4.3.3?

Default anyway to downgrade from 4.3.4 to 4.3.3?
    ok, we added a new line to our plan, and got a refirb 3gs. I came with 4.3.4 on it. I ran TU, no blobs for 4.3.3. Is their ANY way to downgrade this phone to 4.3.3? if not, its not mission critical, I just have a teenager that would like to have some themes on her phone

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by macleod1976 View Post
    ok, we added a new line to our plan, and got a refirb 3gs. I came with 4.3.4 on it. I ran TU, no blobs for 4.3.3. Is their ANY way to downgrade this phone to 4.3.3? if not, its not mission critical, I just have a teenager that would like to have some themes on her phone
    Certain members seem to be having good progress with Apple still sigining the 4.1 fw for the 3G/3GS. No word if Apple has shut it down but its worth a try.

Other then that there is no way to downgrade without the shsh blobs. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by ihappy View Post
    Certain members seem to be having good progress with Apple still sigining the 4.1 fw for the 3G/3GS. No word if Apple has shut it down but its worth a try.

Other then that there is no way to downgrade without the shsh blobs. Sorry.
    Like I said, its not mission critical. shes just a little dissappointed we can't put any themes on it right now. she'll just have to wait for a ios5 jailbreak

Why not just downgrade to iOS 4.1. Apple is still signing it for the 3GS
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

Quote Originally Posted by Str4y View Post
    Why not just downgrade to iOS 4.1. Apple is still signing it for the 3GS
    because its not my phone, and shes willing to wait until ios5 hits to really worry about an untethered jailbreak. I was kinda hoping that I'd get lucky again, since my stepsons refirb came with 4.3.3 oh well, shes just happy to have the iphone, so she'll just live without a jailbreak till ios5.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by macleod1976 View Post
    because its not my phone, and shes willing to wait until ios5 hits to really worry about an untethered jailbreak. I was kinda hoping that I'd get lucky again, since my stepsons refirb came with 4.3.3 oh well, shes just happy to have the iphone, so she'll just live without a jailbreak till ios5.
    There is no guarantee that an untethered jailbreak will come out once ios 5 is publicly released due to all the new added security features Apple seems to be bringing out with the new fw. There will always be a tethered jailbreak due to the Limera1n exploit found but those kind of jailbreaks can always be a pain when having to reboot the device constantly.

iOS5 Halts Downgrades and Untethered Jailbreaks

If you want an untethered jailbreak, then my suggestion like others is to restore back to 4.1 fw while Apple is still allowing it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ihappy View Post
    There is no guarantee that an untethered jailbreak will come out once ios 5 is publicly released due to all the new added security features Apple seems to be bringing out with the new fw. There will always be a tethered jailbreak due to the Limera1n exploit found but those kind of jailbreaks can always be a pain when having to reboot the device constantly.

iOS5 Halts Downgrades and Untethered Jailbreaks

If you want an untethered jailbreak, then my suggestion like others is to restore back to 4.1 fw while Apple is still allowing it.
    +1
    i dont think there wont be any untethered though

downgrade to 4.1
    She call me Mr. Boombastic say me fantastic, touch me in me back
    she say I'm Mr. Ro...mantic