Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can I downgrade from 4.3.4 without SHSH or download generic SHSH files to use?

Default Can I downgrade from 4.3.4 without SHSH or download generic SHSH files to use?
    I have an Iphone 3GS that I purchased used and I need to unlock it for use on T-Mobile. So I need to jailbreak it first. It is running 4.3.4 and it's my understanding that I cannot do an untethered jailbreak without downgrading to at least 4.3.3. No problem right? Download the downgrade file, boot to DFU, so on and so on. I have NO SHSH blobs for this phone. The previous owner did a factory reset before selling it to me. Is there any way at all, I don't care how much extra work it takes, to downgrade this phone so I can do an untethered jailbreak?

I have limited knowledge of IOS but it is my understanding that the SHSH files are an image of the phone. In Android, I suppose that would be comparable to a nandroid. It is possible to make a nandroid of one phone and remove personal information so that other people can use it OR make a nandroid of a stock phone and share it with others. Is this the case with SHSH blobs? Can I download a generic SHSH blob somewhere to use. Hell, I don't care if it has someone's personal info on it, I just need to downgrade this phone, jailbreak it, and unlock it. After that I can rid it of any personal info.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME! I NEED TO DO THIS TONIGHT! THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP!
    Last edited by joshw0000; 2011-07-29 at 04:41 AM.

Download tinyumbrella. The Firmware Umbrella - TinyUmbrella click save my shsh after you plug the 3gs in. You should see a 4.1 shsh saved. Then go to Firmware - Downloads - ModMyi Forums and download a 4.1 firmware. Start the TSS server. Go into iTunes. Click shift and then restore, and then restore to the 4.1 firmware you downloaded. Make sure you download the firmware with firefox or google chrome AND NOT internet explorer.
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Stray For This Useful Post:

oldfashioned (2011-07-29)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Str4y View Post
    Make sure you download the firmware with firefox or google chrome AND NOT internet explorer.
    +1. I agree.
    Google Chrome = Good, Internet Explorer = Bad.

It will make a 4.1 shsh even though I'm on 4.3.4? I'll give it a shot, thanks.

Yup
    Dude T.M.I

Alright, somehow I have all these shsh files now:

iPhone3GS 3.1.3 (7E18)
    iPhone3GS 4.0 (8A293)
    iPhone3GS 4.0.1 (8A306)
    iPhone3GS 4.0.2 (8A400)
    iPhone3GS 4.1 (8B117)
    iPhone3GS 4.2.1 (8C148a)
    iPhone3GS 4.3 (8F190)
    iPhone3GS 4.3.2 (8H7)

Thanks so much! Moving on to downgrade.

No problem. good luck
    Dude T.M.I

I assume I'm supposed to boot into DFU right? Not just go into Itunes with the phone connected to my pc? I don't fully understand what starting my TTS server did so I'm pretty much following your help blindly at this point. None of the other guides I read mentioned anything about Tiny Umbrella. Can you chime in again and steer me in the right direction?

Yeah make sjre the tss server is running. Now itunes shouls have closed so reopen it. The iphone can be in dfu mode if you choose to do so. Click shift then restore and choosw whayever firmware you downloaded

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Stray For This Useful Post:

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joshw0000 View Post
    Alright, somehow I have all these shsh files now:

iPhone3GS 3.1.3 (7E18)
    iPhone3GS 4.0 (8A293)
    iPhone3GS 4.0.1 (8A306)
    iPhone3GS 4.0.2 (8A400)
    iPhone3GS 4.1 (8B117)
    iPhone3GS 4.2.1 (8C148a)
    iPhone3GS 4.3 (8F190)
    iPhone3GS 4.3.2 (8H7)

Thanks so much! Moving on to downgrade.
    Cydia must have been saving them this whole time and you didn't even know it

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ihappy For This Useful Post:

Got it! Restoring now! I guess from this point on, I can handle it. I know it doesn't seem like much but I literally have spent hours trying to figure out how to downgrade this thing. I almost gave up. I really really appreciate the help!

Uh oh, I got an error that it could not be restored. Now I'm at the Itunes screen on the phone and Itunes wants to restore again. What to do?
    Last edited by joshw0000; 2011-07-29 at 05:38 AM.

What error?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

If you are restoring to stock 4.1, use exit recovery from TU to kick out error 1015.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

The exit recovery button is selectable but it seems to have no response. I've stopped and started TTS with no luck. The phone did boot to a black screen once but immediately returned back.

In TU I noticed that it says my firmware is still 4.3.4 and my baseband is 05.16.02-6.4_M3S2. I guess the downgrade did not take. I guess I'll try again.
    Last edited by joshw0000; 2011-07-29 at 05:50 AM.

Try restoring again with the tss server on. You are restoring to 4.1 right?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Point your hosts file towards apple server by going to adv tab in TU and deselect set host file to cydia and do your restore to 4.1 again. Then use eixt recovery from TU.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

Yes. I just started another restore.

I got the same 1015 error. I'm going to deselect Cydia like you said and try again.

3rd restore with Cydia deselected failed as well with 1015. I'm starting to get a little nervous now. Any more ideas?

Would it work if I just went back to 4.3.3? Any special reason I'm trying to go all the way back to 4.1?
    Last edited by joshw0000; 2011-07-29 at 06:09 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joshw0000 View Post
    Yes. I just started another restore.

I got the same 1015 error. I'm going to deselect Cydia like you said and try again.

3rd restore with Cydia deselected failed as well with 1015. I'm starting to get a little nervous now. Any more ideas?

Would it work if I just went back to 4.3.3? Any special reason I'm trying to go all the way back to 4.1?
    Apple is still signing firmware 4.1 for 3G/3GS. I was never able to get it to work but far be it for me to say it doesn't work since it seems to have a lot of success for other members.

Itunes and TU no longer play nicely. When TU is running the TTS server, Itunes cannot connect. When I disconnect TTS server, Itunes acknowledges that my device is in recovery. If I try to start TTS while Itunes is open, Itunes closes. I think I'm effed.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to joshw0000 For This Useful Post:

Put it into dfu.mode. Not reckvery mode

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Stray For This Useful Post:

joshw0000 (2011-07-29)

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast