Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can I downgrade from 4.3.4 without SHSH or download generic SHSH files to use?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joshw0000 View Post
    Itunes and TU no longer play nicely. When TU is running the TTS server, Itunes cannot connect. When I disconnect TTS server, Itunes acknowledges that my device is in recovery. If I try to start TTS while Itunes is open, Itunes closes. I think I'm effed.
    iTunes is supposed to close when you start the TSS server. This is where you pwned DFU your device and open iTunes and it should recognize the device in recovery (even though its in DFU mode.)

You then proceed to shift/restore and select the appropriate 4.1 firmware and let iTunes do its thing. This method has always worked for me but everybody has different issues, different results.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Don't run tss server, point your hosts file to apple server by changing the option in TU, then close TU. If itunes is open close it and reopen,
    put iphone into normal dfu or recovery is fine ( actually you are already at 4.1 but only in a loop ) and restore to stock 4.1 .
    Error 1015 is a good sign
    Use Exit recovery to kick it out.

Only the last step, run TU again to use the feature, if exit recovery doesn't help , try fix recovery .

And you will arrive at Emergency screen.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-07-29 at 07:04 AM.

Ok, I can use iREB-r4 to boot to DFU but this phone is being very stubborn. I've tried running the restore twice more from DFU w/ Cydia deselected and TTS running. The third attempt, again from DFU, was with TU stopped and closed using Itunes only. I got the same 1015 error so I closed Itunes, opened TU and clicked exit recovery. The button clicks but that's all it does. The phone does not respond at all. Fix recovery is not selectable.

Thanks

Are you able to get to recovery mode : itunes cable logo ?

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Are you able to get to recovery mode : itunes cable logo ?
    Yes. The phone stays in this mode. I can force it to DFU with iREB-r4.

Thanks

Ok, if your iphone is in recovey mode, don't dfu it, just restore to stock 4.1 ipsw by verifying with apple server.
    Don't run TU ,
    You should error at 1015

Recovery mode : Itunes cable logos
    DFU mode : Black Screen.
    If you are downgrading from a higher version to a lower version to a stock firmware, you use Normal DFU.
    In your case you are already at 4.1 but stucked in a loop, so recovery mode is fine.
    If you are downgrading from a higher version to a lower version to a custom firmware, you need to put your iphone into pwned DFU ( this is also called Limera1n Exploit or a bootrom Exploit )
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-07-29 at 07:42 AM.

Ok, here we go. Then what?

Thanks

What is your status now. Are you using my instructions ?

Have you arrived at error 1015 yet ?
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-07-29 at 07:49 AM.

I'm currently in recovery. I just finished flashing 4.1 from recovery in Itunes with TU closed. So now I open TU and try to exit recovery?

Sorry, yes. Error 1015.

Thanks

OK

Thanks

I am ON now.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

joshw0000 (2011-07-29)

I'M OUT OF RECOVERY!!!!!! Now I just need to figure out how to bypass activation with no sim card. Thanks everbody. I'm calling it a night.

i'd like to do the same thing...not working on an iPhone 4 right?

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

I'M OUT OF RECOVERY!!!!!! Now I just need to figure out how to bypass activation with no sim card. Thanks everbody. I'm calling it a night.
    Use redsn0w :-)
    She call me Mr. Boombastic say me fantastic, touch me in me back
    she say I'm Mr. Ro...mantic

I found an old, deactivated AT&T sim card that allowed me to get past the emergency call screen. Now what's the best jailbreak method to use in order to unlock? I've heard about using the Ipad BB but Google is not helping me out right now. Feedback please?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I found an old, deactivated AT&T sim card that allowed me to get past the emergency call screen. Now what's the best jailbreak method to use in order to unlock? I've heard about using the Ipad BB but Google is not helping me out right now. Feedback please?
    use redsn0w 0.9.6rc16. This will help you install the ipad baseband and cydia. You have to do one at a time otherwise it will crash.

Redsn0w 0.9.6rc16 Released (Download Links)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ihappy For This Useful Post:

joshw0000 (2011-07-29)

I'm jailbroken and running BB 06.15.00, unlocked with ultrasn0w. Thanks!

Greetings guys!

I found the info here extremely helpful, yet something is preventing me to exit recovery mode. I have successfully (or not?) rolled back 4.1 to a previously 4.3.5 iPhone3GS, ending in error 1015... now the device is in recovery loop. I have tried putting it in pwned DFU with iREB and then restoring --> result: stuck on "Waiting for iPhone"... I tried exit recovery, fix recovery to no avail.

Any ideas what might be causing this... ?
    Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by oldfashioned; 2011-07-29 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfashioned View Post
    Greetings guys!

I found the info here extremely helpful, yet something is preventing me to exit recovery mode. I have successfully (or not?) rolled back 4.1 to a previously 4.3.5 iPhone3GS, ending in error 1015... now the device is in recovery loop. I have tried putting it in pwned DFU with iREB and then restoring --> result: stuck on "Waiting for iPhone"... I tried exit recovery, fix recovery to no avail.

Any ideas what might be causing this... ?
    Thanks in advance!
    Go grab the fix recovery patch from this link - The Firmware Umbrella - TinyUmbrella. Download zlib1.dll (sorry, can't remember where I got it) and put it in the same directory as fixrecovery43.exe. Now run fixrecovery43.exe. When that's finished go back to TinyUmbrella and exit recovery....worked for me. Good luck.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to joshw0000 For This Useful Post:

oldfashioned (2011-07-29)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast