Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Error 20

Default Error 20
    Hello! I'm trying to downgrade from 4.3.4 to 4.3.3. Every time I try, after it enters recovery mode, I get error 20 in iTunes: Error 20 Any help? ThankS!
    Last edited by Spykam22; 2011-07-25 at 08:54 PM.

Default same problem
    Quote Originally Posted by Spykam22 View Post
    Hello! I'm trying to downgrade from 4.3.4 to 4.3.3. Every time I try, after it enters recover mode, I get error 20 in iTunes: iTunes: Specific update-and-restore error messages and advanced troubleshooting Any help? ThankS!
    hey im also getting the same error..please someone help

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Its an error thast related to the restore. Here's what has worked for me to resolve error 20.
    Make sure you have your 4.3.3 shsh blobs saved for this to work

1. Restore back to 4.3.4 to get device back on if you haven't already.
    2. Run Tiny Umbrella and under the advanced tab make sure "set hosts to cydia on exit" is unchecked
    3. Run TSS server
    4. Open up iTunes
    5. run iReb to DFU your device
    Shift/Restore in iTunes and select the appropriate firmware. iTunes will run its course
    6. If you get a 1015 error (most likely you will) use FixRecovery43 to kick the device out of recovery.

You should now be at 4.3.3fw. I tried this method numerous times and it always seemed to work for me so hopefully it works for you as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ihappy View Post
    Its an error thast related to the restore. Here's what has worked for me to resolve error 20.

2. Run Tiny Umbrella and under the advanced tab make sure "set hosts to cydia on exit" is unchecked
    3. Run TSS server
    4. Open up iTunes
    Shift/Restore in iTunes and select the appropriate firmware. iTunes will run its course
    6. If you get a 1015 error (most likely you will) use FixRecovery43 to kick the device out of recovery.

You should now be at 4.3.3fw. I tried this method numerous times and it always seemed to work for me so hopefully it works for you as well.
    Hello! I'm about to try it. Thanks!

Default thanks for the reply

3. Run TSS server
    4. Open up iTunes

thanks for the reply..but i wanna ask one thing...im not able to enter dfu mode by pressing home and power button dont know y...and when i plugin the cable it just switches on by itself and shows me itunes logo with usb...then i try pressing power and home button so no response it doesnt do anything..any help?

My Sleep button doesn't work. What would I use to enter dfu mode?

Default same here
    My Sleep button doesn't work. What would I use to enter dfu mode?
    m havin the same problem...my sleep button doesnt work wat can we do please help?

I'm about to try entering DFU Mode with ZiPhone.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

I'm about to try entering DFU Mode with ZiPhone.
    DFU mode : With iphone plug in (your case recovery mode) , hold both buttons until it goes off, then immediately release the Power button but keep holding the Home button until you here ting tong..a beep lol , now you have entered a normal dfu mode.

Yea i did that my power button was faulty so i tried many times and then i was able to enter dfu mode and restore my iphone thank u guysssss

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    DFU mode : With iphone plug in (your case recovery mode) , hold both buttons until it goes off, then immediately release the Power button but keep holding the Home button until you here ting tong..a beep lol , now you have entered a normal dfu mode.
    I will try it soon. Thanks.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Here is a thread about another method to try and enter DFU mode without the sleep button. Not quite sure how true it is or if it even works.
    http://modmyi.com/forums/general/488...ke-button.html

For a true DFU though, you need both the home and sleep/power button. Sorry

Default Urgent ><

3. Run TSS server
    4. Open up iTunes

Hi, I have an Ipod Touch 3G that i want to downgrade from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3.

I've tried all of the steps as mentioned above above and even put my Ipod into DFU mode already yet the Error (20) msg still persists whenever I try to downgrade with the 4.3.3 firmware, I've been trying for hours figuring out what could be the problem but it's still in vain >< (I've even tried disabling/uninstalling my security devices as Apple suggested might be interfering with my Itunes but yet it's still not solving the problem. . .

So I urge any kind souls out there to try and save me from my plight? Greatly Appreciated! Thanks

Hello, I have the same problem "error 20" with iphone 3gs.