Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS 4.3.3 firmware accidently updated to 4.3.4 without saved SHSH blobs

Default iPhone 3GS 4.3.3 firmware accidently updated to 4.3.4 without saved SHSH blobs
    Hello, first of all im sorry about making new topic about this problem, i searched all the former ones but couldn't find an answear.

To the problem

I have iPhone 3GS 16GB model with 4.3.3 jailbreak and ipad baseband
    Somehow I managed to update 4.3.4 firmware which caused the phone to go to the iTunes recovery mode.

Things what I have tryed

Okay, so first I tryed just original clean Restore to 4.3.4 and ended up to error 1015.
    Can / should I use iTunes error 1015 fixer program for this ? Im thinking that this program is not made for iPad baseband owners.. ?

Then I tryed to downgrade with TinyUmberella but the program can't find any SHSH blobs from the phone so im out of luck. pic of TinyUmbrella, nothing happens when I try to click Save SHSH..

To the question

So what can I do, to get my phone even running now? I guess that i can kiss *** good bye for the carrier unlock for now, cause there is no way to install iPad baseband for 4.3.4 with Windows pc ? But maybe I can worry about that later then, now I just need the phone up and running for music etc.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

You are stuck my friend. The only way is to restore to custom firmware of 4.3.4 but there isn't any tools yet. So wait for a new release...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Not sure if you tried this, but just to be sure, check the Tiny Umbrella advanced / options tab. Check the box 'Get from Cydia' and try again

Thanks for answears! Ive tryed with TinyUmbrella that but didn't work..

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Oh well. we gave it a try We'll keep our fingers crossed for the next jb.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Sorry to hear that you're stuck. It is always best to run TU to save the shsh blobs for any firmware that is released so just in case accidents like this can be reversed.

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

Tether jb 4.3.4
    See Cydia has numbers in green on top or not..

Seeing u hav iPad bb I dont know if above method wil work or not
    She call me Mr. Boombastic say me fantastic, touch me in me back
    she say I'm Mr. Ro...mantic

Quote Originally Posted by ihappy View Post
    Sorry to hear that you're stuck. It is always best to run TU to save the shsh blobs for any firmware that is released so just in case accidents like this can be reversed.
    Well if you wont to hear the whole story, the phone is not mine, its my friend which I jailbreaked and unlocked backthen. He did update the firmware to 4.3.4 and not me and he doesn't really know anything about jailbreaking so he gave the phone back to me when he got it to itunes loop. Now im trying to fix it for him.

I have saved from my own iPhone 4 the SHSH Blobs from 4.2.1, 4.3.2, 4.3.3 to 4.3.4 so im not really doing anything wrong 8)

It's just easyer to descripe the problem to say that the phone is mine and I did it, and not to blame my friend in the first post, people does focus better on the problem and doesn't think about the owner.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

No problem. We will help either way.
    It's possible but --odd-- when you jailbroke and unlocked way back then,
    the saving of SHSH blobs by Cydia did not start automatically.
    Guess that was back when Cydia had the 'Make My Life Easier' option.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

dltd (2011-07-26)

Thanks Yeah if I remember correct it was just like that at Cydia.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

It seems like Cydia is so saturated with saving shsh blobs that they are not coping up with saving some blobs. In other words , some iphones will not have a complete set of shsh blobs

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

Like mine . My mum's iPhone has all blobs from 4.0
    Mine doesnot :X

My iPhone is a Part of Me mkblade's Avatar
    Thanks

Something similar with me as well…a friend of mine gave me the iphone 3gs to me to fix cuz he had it in a restore loop…so i restore it for him back on 4.3.5 cuz he said he jus wanted to run again…after its up on 4.3.5 i notice thier is no sim…so i place my old sim in to activate…only 4 him to tell me he has TMobilez…so now, knowing that 4.3.5 is a tethered jb with no unlock yet…i dwng back to 4.1 cuz Apple is still signing it only for 3GS…jb with limera1n then unl w/ ultrasn0w…Main point: clean restore to 4.1 now…If u want an untethered jb…otherwise tether-jb w/ redsn0w 0.9.8b6 on 4.3.5