Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I'm an idiot and upgraded to 4.3.4 and screwed everything up! Please help

Default I'm an idiot and upgraded to 4.3.4 and screwed everything up! Please help
    Okay, I know the post below is similar but it doesn't answer my question. Okay, so I have an iPhone 3GS running 4.3.3 and I had used redsn0w to update the baseband to 6.15. Now, I accidently upgraded to the new ios from itunes when prompted (I know, I know). Now it is not jailbroken or unlocked. I can't even use my phone as a phone anymore. I recently switched sims too. Is this relevant? I'm trying to figure out how to downgrade it, and I am trying to follow some tutorials but I'm getting nowhere. My phone shows the itunes symbol when connected. Itunes won't let me restore it now. Sooooo frustrated. Please help if you can. Thanks!

Thank you. If I did not save SHSH blobs am I out of luck. Is saving them something I had to do intentionally or can I find them somewhere? Can I download them anywhere? Thx.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by newbie1 View Post
    Thank you. If I did not save SHSH blobs am I out of luck. Is saving them something I had to do intentionally or can I find them somewhere? Can I download them anywhere? Thx.
    That is correct. No shsh blobs, no downgrade. Sorry

Shsh blobs are part of the ios revision you are using so they are device specific. There is no way to use someone elses shsh blobs on your device.

You can use ifaith to extract the shsh blobs of the current firmware on the device but its probably not gonna do much good if you're already on 4.3.4 and dont have any shsh blobs saved for any previous firmware.

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

Try running tiny umbrella .
    As you were jailbroken before chances of shsh being saved by Cydia is still there..

Will do. Thanks so much, everyone!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Good luck.
    You can just get TU to extract them from Cydia. That is of course if they are saved on Saurik's server. Go to the advanced tab and select "Request shsh from Cydia."

Default help
    you should be able to still get your 4.1 shsh using tiny unberlla or ishshit on the device what your problem is you have the ipad baseband and you cand fully restore the device i would get your 4.1 shsh and then use a custom ipsw and ireb to restore to 4.1 may have to edit your host file in itunes

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zoolman88 View Post
    you should be able to still get your 4.1 shsh using tiny unberlla or ishshit on the device what your problem is you have the ipad baseband and you cand fully restore the device i would get your 4.1 shsh and then use a custom ipsw and ireb to restore to 4.1 may have to edit your host file in itunes
    That might not work if TU or Cydia didn't save them to begin with as there was no mention of him using 4.1 fw. He was on 4.3.3 before he accidently upgraded to 4.3.4.

Quote Originally Posted by ihappy View Post
    That might not work if TU or Cydia didn't save them to begin with as there was no mention of him using 4.1 fw. He was on 4.3.3 before he accidently upgraded to 4.3.4.
    apple is still signing 4.1 on 3G and 3GS devices so he should be able to get them and 4.1 is better because there is no basband checks like in 4.2.1 so I would try to get my 4.1 shsh from apple on Tu and then use ireb and a custom ipsw and downgrade I have done it many times works like a charm

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

4.1 may work iSHSH & TU just retrieved the SHSH blobs for iOS 4.1 from Apple (3G & 3GS)
    Last edited by Mes; 2011-07-22 at 10:23 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    4.1 may work iSHSH & TU just retrieved the SHSH blobs for iOS 4.1 from Apple.
    Interesting. I tried this yesterday on a 3GS and it didn't work for me. Why must I always get the short end of the stick

Interesting. I tried this yesterday on a 3GS and it didn't work for me. Why must I always get the short end of the stick
    Uncheck via Cydia in Tu should fix it

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zoolman88 View Post
    Uncheck via Cydia in Tu should fix it
    Did that and it didn't work. I think I'm just bad luck. The device is running 4.2.1 now but I couldn't get the 4.1 shsh blobs off of the device before it was upgraded to 4.2.1

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Did that and it didn't work. I think I'm just bad luck. The device is running 4.2.1 now but I couldn't get the 4.1 shsh blobs off of the device before it was upgraded to 4.2.1
    I was surprised to get them today. Maybe Apple signs 4.1 '''sometimes''', or it signs ''''some iphones'''.

It could also be a loose nut behind the wheel j/k

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

It could also be a loose nut behind the wheel j/k
    AKA: ihappy you are bad luck

I didnt save shsh either and Tiny Umbrella didnt work for me , im on3gs 4.3.2 on the ipad baseband and ifath isnt working for me . Everytime i use ifaith is just crashes and says Please wait . I tried everything , any help ?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n8te455 View Post
    I didnt save shsh either and Tiny Umbrella didnt work for me , im on3gs 4.3.2 on the ipad baseband and ifath isnt working for me . Everytime i use ifaith is just crashes and says Please wait . I tried everything , any help ?
    What are you trying to do??

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

What are you trying to do??
    This has been taken care of. Computer problems.
    Can't fix an iPhone if the computer programs crash.
    Last edited by Mes; 2011-07-23 at 06:37 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

This has been taken care of. Computer problems.
    Can't (mod edit: typo) fix an iPhone if the computer programs crash.
    Ah. I see. I saw that post and was like huh? What exactly are you trying to do as all he stated was that he was on 4.3.2 and everything failed