Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: stupidly clicked for itunes to update, now am stuck in recovery loop

Default stupidly clicked for itunes to update, now am stuck in recovery loop
    i have an older 3gs, jailbreaked and unlocked. it's upgraded to 4.3.3 at ipad baseband. a week ago when i brought up itunes i must have clicked for itunes to update, which failed and now i'm stuck in recovery loop. i've tried recboot (back to 4.3.3) but the restore failed, fixrecovery also didn't work. don't know about this SHSH so assume i don't have anything saved. any suggestions? recboot back to a different/earlier custom firmware? thanks in advance.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

SHSH blobs are required to load any non-current iOS. Download Tiny Umbrella (link in sig below), connect the device, and save SHSH. In the options tab, you can select "Get from Cydia". Try with and without that option.

once i've done that, should i try recboot again to custom firmware 4.3.3? if so, is that something i should find online or use snowbreeze to do that?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

It's likely the modem firmware / baseband ...was... updated with the prior failed updated.

To be safe, use PwnageTool (Mac) or Sn0wbreeze (PC) and create a custom firmware build and enter pwnd-DFU mode. Start TU, and run TSS server, then shift/click select & load custom firmware w/iTunes.

Note: This assumes TU has found and downloaded 4.3.3 SHSH blobs.
    Last edited by Mes; 2011-07-22 at 05:09 PM.

great, i'll give it a try tonight and let you know how it goes. thanks for your help

tinyumbrella couldn't locate any shsh blobs, unless i'm doing it wrong (run TU, see device is attached, start TSS server and wait). if it helps i know i didn't save any previously (never ran TU before). other ideas?

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

U don have to start TSS server.
    U hav to click on save shsh

nothing happens when i click save SHSH (i'm stuck in recovery mode with no saved SHSHs). nothing shows up in the "Save SHSHs for..." field. I don't need to be in DFU mode or anything for this, do I?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdk View Post
    ...I don't need to be in DFU mode or anything for this, do I?
    No.

From TinyUmbrella Advanced tab, check and uncheck 'get from Cydia', and Save SHSH blobs.
    Back to General tab, any more SHSH blobs?

Note: Without SHSH blobs, TU Start TSS Server does nothing special. Gotta get those SHSH blobs first

i assume you mean "request SHSH from cydia" - that's it, just check and uncheck? i don't have to remove device and check/uncheck or anything? either way, i don't see anything show up. will a line come up in the general tab if it finds something, or do i have to look for it in the Save SHSH Directory? if so, would it show up as an .shsh file extension? I only see a single .jar file in the cache directory there - nothing in the known devices folder. thanks for your persistence

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdk View Post
    i assume you mean "request SHSH from cydia" - that's it, just check and uncheck? ....
    Check, then Save SHSH, Uncheck, then Save SHSH