Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrade 4.2.1 to 3.1.3 (I have the old 3.1.3 baseband) help!

Default Downgrade 4.2.1 to 3.1.3 (I have the old 3.1.3 baseband) help!
    Hi all,

A few months ago, I updated my iPhone 3G from 3.1.3 to 4.2.1. At that time, my baseband was not updated (I used cooked firmware as advised so I never used the iPad baseband). So to sum it up, currently I'm on 4.2.1 with baseband of 05.12.02

Unfortunately, I'm not happy with the performance of 4.2.1 and I really want to rollback to 3.1.3. I've been looking for guides out there and there are many. However, the guides only talks about people who updated to 4.2.1 that also updated their baseband to 6.15.00 and wanted to rollback to 3.1.3 (which is not my case).

Anyone knows or could point me out to a great tutorial on how to rollback/downgrade with my scenario? I'm just curious if a normal force downgrade of 3.1.3 (stock ipsw) via iTunes will be successful since I'm using the old baseband anyway?

Thank you so much.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Use a cooked / custom 3.1.3 firmware. This loads the firmware w/o changing the baseband. Older versions of PwnageTool, Snowbreeze, will create the custom ipsw then shift/select and load with iTunes. Since its a 3G and an old 3.x version loading should be a breeze. The only option you need to think about is 'activation'. With an official SIM (recommended) you'll have no PUSH/YouTube issues PM me if you need a cooked IPSW.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You could also just restore to a stock 3.1.3 fw. That baseband is unlockable as well. That will remove the necessity to set the device into pwned dfu mode. Then jb as normal with redsn0w 0.9.4 and a 3.1.2 ipsw.

Mes's solution works as well one hit jailbreak and restore at the same time.

Thanks guys for the replies. What I actually did is set the phone into DFU mode then Shift + Restore from Itunes and I just selected the stock 3.1.3 IPSW. After the restore was complete, it was already done. I didn't even needed to use TinyUmbrella to kick from recovery. It just booted properly

Thanks guys. I'll post another issue in the forums because I use a "AT&T gophone sim" for this one. However, I'm still looking for a solution through google.

For now, this issue is solved.

Thanks again.

Default Help
    can someone please help me my iphone wont restore it is showing error code 1015, i have tried to do the downgrade tutorial but i am still having problems can some please tell me how to restore my phone simply many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madme View Post
    can someone please help me my iphone wont restore it is showing error code 1015, i have tried to do the downgrade tutorial but i am still having problems can some please tell me how to restore my phone simply many thanks
    Although I didn't have that error when I downgraded from 4.2.1 to 3.1.3, I believe what you need is TinyUmbrella to bypass that 1015 error. Unfortunately, I can't tell you that this is the correct solution because I never had that problem. However, I had tinyumbrella already ready just incase that error happen.

Download and Install it and see if it will solve the issue.

Goodluck.

Quote Originally Posted by keplenk View Post
    Although I didn't have that error when I downgraded from 4.2.1 to 3.1.3, I believe what you need is TinyUmbrella to bypass that 1015 error. Unfortunately, I can't tell you that this is the correct solution because I never had that problem. However, I had tinyumbrella already ready just incase that error happen.

Download and Install it and see if it will solve the issue.

Goodluck.
    hi i have tiny umberella but it doesnt seem to do anything i am getting very upset that i cant stop this error is there any other way some one can plz

Quote Originally Posted by madme View Post
    hi i have tiny umberella but it doesnt seem to do anything i am getting very upset that i cant stop this error is there any other way some one can plz
    There are many videos in youtube that could help you. Also, I believe there are other tools than Tiny Umbrella that could fix your issue.

Here is one of the videos, YouTube - ‪How to fix iphone 3g error 1015‬‏

I believe you can start in the 3-minute mark on the video.
    Last edited by keplenk; 2011-07-02 at 12:56 AM.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

You should not have a problem kicking an iPhone 3G on 3.1.3 out of recovery mode after error 1015 with TinyUmbrella. Are you ensuring that you are using the "exit recovery" option and not the "fix recovery"?

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

Using fix recovery solves the 1015 error :-)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keplenk View Post
    Thanks guys for the replies. What I actually did is set the phone into DFU mode then Shift + Restore from Itunes and I just selected the stock 3.1.3 IPSW. After the restore was complete, it was already done. I didn't even needed to use TinyUmbrella to kick from recovery. It just booted properly

Thanks guys. I'll post another issue in the forums because I use a "AT&T gophone sim" for this one. However, I'm still looking for a solution through google.

For now, this issue is solved.

Thanks again.
    Error 1015 did not appear is because there is no change in the baseband : you preserve the baseband that is meant for 3.1.3 ipsw.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Ah I missed that iYeow, awesome eye

For future reference xtacy, fix recovery is meant for 4.2.1 and up, exit recovery is for 4.1 and below.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post

For future reference xtacy, fix recovery is meant for 4.2.1 and up, exit recovery is for 4.1 and below.
    Wow, that is good statement .

14. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

i.Annie (2011-07-15)

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah I know that. Sorry I didn't read the thread properly .
    All I read was 1015 and 4.2.1 lol .. My bad . :-)