Results 1 to 18 of 18

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: 3GS upgrade/downgrade help.

  1. #1
    Post 3GS upgrade/downgrade help.
    Hey guys,
    I just got a jailbroken iphone 3gs off of a friend who had gotten it stuck on the recovery/restore screen where you have to connect to iTunes. I tried to straight up install it to 4.3.3 but it gave me error 1015. It doesnt have any SHSH blobs either. I then tried to edit the hosts and try to downgrade to 4.2.1 but it gave me error 3496. Is there anyway I can just get this thing back up and running on any firmware, jailbroken or not? And if there is what are the steps? Im a bit of a newbie

    Thanks guys,

  2. #2
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Restore to custom firmware of 4.3.3 created by Snowbreeze 2.7.3 or Pwnage tools 4.3.3.1. Make sure you use the pwned dfu from these tools to get your iphone into dfu mode before restoring to custom fw.

  3. #3
    what about my case, mate?
    could you help me on this?

    3GS - RESTORE NEEDED - RESTART LOOPS EACH FEW SECONDS?

    Dear,
    please sorry if im disturbing you, all.
    but i have a probs that still no solution.

    MB715LL/A
    i already tried all JB n Unlock methods, even with offline metode, but
    still none working. and funny thing, there's
    no base band detected, even i tried to inject ipad baseband 06.15, still
    not working. no wifi, no btooth. here i atached the pic of my 3gs. (its a 16GB 3GS, but detected as 14GB????)

    Redsn0w, Sn0wbreeze and offline metodes all none working.



    could you help me on this?
    3gs, no firmware detected, restore needed, restart loops each few seconds, NO wifi, no btooth, gps, even tinyumbrella couldnt detect my installed firmware.


    much appreciated, in advanced, for ur attention :-)






    TUMBRELLA

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by im wolfy View Post
    Hey guys,
    I just got a jailbroken iphone 3gs off of a friend who had gotten it stuck on the recovery/restore screen where you have to connect to iTunes. I tried to straight up install it to 4.3.3 but it gave me error 1015. It doesnt have any SHSH blobs either. I then tried to edit the hosts and try to downgrade to 4.2.1 but it gave me error 3496. Is there anyway I can just get this thing back up and running on any firmware, jailbroken or not? And if there is what are the steps? Im a bit of a newbie

    Thanks guys,
    This will help you fix error 1015 How to Fix Error 1015 and if you want to downgrade try this

    and this

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Restore to custom firmware of 4.3.3 created by Snowbreeze 2.7.3 or Pwnage tools 4.3.3.1. Make sure you use the pwned dfu from these tools to get your iphone into dfu mode before restoring to custom fw.

    Should I have my host file edited? What version of iTunes should I be on?
    Any other specifics?

  6. #6
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    You can start tss server or point your hosts file towards apple server by deselecting : set hosts file to cydia from TU > advance option.
    Your itunes has to he atleast version 10.
    You can use Redsn0w RC16, browse to stock 4.3.3 and only check the box : set iphone into pwned dfu mode, in order to put your iphone into pwned dfu mode prior restoring to custom firmware of 4.3.3

    @Lord_Jimmy : If you had restored to stock firwmare and you are not getting IMEI, WIFI AND BASEBAND, I am afraid you have a hardware problem.
    Tell me how did this problem arise ? Did you own this iphone before ? It is also possible these infos have been erased .
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-06-13 at 09:01 PM.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

    Lord_Jimmy (2011-06-14)

  8. #7
    @ iYeow

    thanks for ur time
    much appreciated.

    Nope, i bought this 3gs while im in usa from a friend of mine, end of contact from at&t,
    at 1st, i can use it, and i can save my shsh from ios 4.0 upto 4.3.
    but while im injecting the ipad BB 06. at 1st it okay, my 3gs works fine, but when i restarted, this nitemare start to begin,
    since my last reboot, upto present, my 3gs cannt be used, even i keep restore, lately i restore to ios 5, still not working well, keep restarting.
    :-((

    is it a hardware? some's said its my NAND hardware.
    is it possible for us to re format / completely wipe the "storage" on our iphone device?
    coz mine is 3gs 16gb, but detected as 14gb, where is my 2 gb anyway? :-p

    thanks for ur time much appreciated
    Last edited by Lord_Jimmy; 2011-06-14 at 04:49 AM. Reason: wipe

  9. #8
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    If it is a Nand problem, you can either let the battery drain completely, it will take days or remove the battery for a minute or two and then put it back to reset your iphone back to default state.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

    Lord_Jimmy (2011-06-14)

  11. #9
    thanks, i will give a shot!!!
    for how long? a week?

  12. #10
    Ok guys, So i got it working all good on 4.3.3
    Then all of a sudden it freezes when im texting one day.
    Now whenever I turn it on it has the apple logo with a white spinning circle on top of it. I've already restored it 3 or 4 times and it didn't do anything. I didnt have Open SSH installed and I think it has to do with the springboard or something... Can someone give me some advice here?

  13. #11
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by im wolfy View Post
    Ok guys, So i got it working all good on 4.3.3
    Then all of a sudden it freezes when im texting one day.
    Now whenever I turn it on it has the apple logo with a white spinning circle on top of it. I've already restored it 3 or 4 times and it didn't do anything. I didnt have Open SSH installed and I think it has to do with the springboard or something... Can someone give me some advice here?
    Have you done a restore again to either stock or custom firmware ?

  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Have you done a restore again to either stock or custom firmware ?
    Yeah I've restored to the custom firmware.
    Everytime I try to do stock 4.3.3 I get an error that it couldnt verify like 3194. Even when I try to shift + click and select stock 4.3.3 it wont go..
    Thanks for your help by the way, I appreciate it.

  15. #13
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Run tiny umbrella, go to advance option : deselect > set hosts file to cydia, save and close it. Now run itunes and restore to stock 4.3.3 if you do not need unlock.

    By setting your hosts file towards apple server will avoid this error 3194. Once you have restored, you can jailbreak it with redsn0w RC16 or 17
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-06-16 at 09:20 PM.

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Run tiny umbrella, go to advance option : deselect > set hosts file to cydia, save and close it. Now run itunes and restore to stock 4.3.3 if you do not need unlock.

    By setting your hosts file towards apple server will avoid this error 3194. Once you have restored, you can jailbreak it with redsn0w RC16 or 17
    Now im getting error 1015. Suggestions?

  17. #15
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Build a custom firmware of 4.3.3 from snowbreeze 2.7.3 or Pwnage tools 4.3.3. Use the pwned dfu tool to get your iphone into dfu mode before restoring to custom fw thru itunes.

  18. #16
    Well I built the firmware in simple mode of 4.3.3 it all went well untill boot.
    And it still isnt booting up. Maybe some files are corrupted that I need to fix?

  19. #17
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    How are you going to fix if there are corrupted files ? . When you say it isn't booting up, can elaborate what it means.

    What is your device ?

  20. #18
    I honestly have no idea on how im going to fix it. You think there is a way to get into SSH and fix it even though I probably havent installed OpenSSH?
    My Device:
    Black 32GB iPhone 3GS ([New bootrom] [FW 4.3.3 Custom Snowbreeze])

    My problem:
    after a hard reset when the phone froze while I was texting the apple logo showed up. I realized it was taking extremely long to load and found out there was a spinning white circle right on the apple logo. I have gotten it to go to the lockscreen since then once, and it instantly froze. I believe a file with the springboard MAY have been corrupted. Since I have restored multiple times and opened the phone to make no ribbons or anything was disconnected.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •