Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SHSH Blobs

Default SHSH Blobs
    Hi guys
    I was wondering if it was possible to send SHSH Blobs to other people. I'm on 4.1 on my 3GS and want to downgrade to 3.1.3. But I don't have SHSH Blobs :,(

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

You can send shsh blob but you cannot use someone's shsh blob to downgrade, every iphone firmware version has its unique shsh blob for restoring. In other words, if you have not saved your blob either with Cydia or on your computer, then you can't downgrade to your intended firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    You can send shsh blob but you cannot use someone's shsh blob to downgrade, every iphone firmware version has its unique shsh blob for restoring. In other words, if you have not saved your blob either with Cydia or on your computer, then you can't downgrade to your intended firmware.
    Ok cheers m8. I was planning to downgrade to 3.1.3 but didn't have to SHSH Blobs. I was hoping someone could of sent me the blobs and it would of worked

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

What particular reason did you want your 3GS to be on 3.1.3 for? Only iPhone 3G really has a reason to be on that firmware. Perhaps you can resolve whatever issue you are having now on iOS 4 if you let me know what's up

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    What particular reason did you want your 3GS to be on 3.1.3 for? Only iPhone 3G really has a reason to be on that firmware. Perhaps you can resolve whatever issue you are having now on iOS 4 if you let me know what's up
    It's just purely everything is comparable with it. I'm currently on iOS 4.1 but want to get lower as I want to use openiboot

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Hmm, yeah sorry I guess I can't help ya there. As mentioned before, without your own SHSHs for your device for 3.1.3, you're stuck where you are. Regardless, I'm seeing that the supported devices, 3GS is not included.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

You either have the SHSHs for 4.1 or you did it when it was still being signed. There's always a window where a fw can be still be signed even when a new one is released, but that window lasts about a week or so.

Without SHSHs for 4.0 or 3.1.x you can't downgrade to it. You should save your 4.1 SHSHs now with iFaith so in the future if you need to restore to 4.1 you can. If you move off 4.1 without saving with iFaith, you've lost your chance to get SHSHs for 4.1.