Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak my 3GS 5.16.02 4.3.3? When?

Default Jailbreak my 3GS 5.16.02 4.3.3? When?
    Hey everybody, I am new. Just got me a used 3GS that's a 5.16.02 on 4.3.3 firmware. Does anyone have an idea when i will b able to jailbrake/unlock my 3GS? Or is there any way to downgrade so I can jailbrake/unlock it now? Tanks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone James360Petty's Avatar
    Thanks

You can jailbreak it right now using RedSn0w RC 16 but unlocking is currently an impossibility.... what network was the phone on originally?

It was with AT&T and I want to use it with T-Mobile. Any approximate time that'll take the team to make it possible to unlock it in the future? The previous owner updated to device religiously.

iPhone? More like MyPhone James360Petty's Avatar
    Thanks

No news on the unlock front, it is being worked on but how plausible it is now I'm unsure as its been a good long while since the last unlocks came out!

I don't see the need to update the devices religiously as most of the new firmwares give little or no advantage to the last, its the updating of the FW that updates the Baseband, there is talk of getting an unlock from O2 in the uk, there's a thread on here about that, I will find it for you shortly...

There is an option to update to the iPad baseband 6.15 but this is problematic and currently there is no way to get back to iPhone basebands, your basically going to loose all of you GPS functionality but this baseband can be unlocked with ultrasn0w...... allowing you to use your T-Mobile sim
    Last edited by James360Petty; 2011-05-23 at 12:02 PM.

Well looks like I just need to sell my current device and get a different one that's already jailbroken because I don't want to downgrade to the Ipad baseband and loose to GPS functions. Sounds like nobody really knows and the team will come up with software upgrades for the newest baseband/firmware?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shtehla View Post
    Well looks like I just need to sell my current device and get a different one that's already jailbroken because I don't want to downgrade to the Ipad baseband and loose to GPS functions. Sounds like nobody really knows and the team will come up with software upgrades for the newest baseband/firmware?
    Just a few clarifications:

1. You want a phone that has an ultras0w unlockable baseband or is already IEMI/carrier unlocked. Jailbreakone is not the same as unlocked.
    2. Technically you are upgrading to the ipad baseband, not downgrading.

first of all thanks for helping. Now the situation is as explained above...My 3gs was never unlocked and it has the newest updates from itunes. I want to use it with T-Mobile, since it's locked for AT&T currently. From what I heard, if I UPGRADE to the IPAD baseband, I loose some GPS functions, and that's why I don't want to upgrade to the Ipad baseband. I have 05.16.02 baseband and 4.3.3 firmware.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

If you don't want to upgrade to the ipad baseband, then you can either call AT&T and see if they will unlock it for you, or look for an IMEI unlock.
    Other than that, you will need to purchase a new phone that is either unlocked or can be unlocked with ultrasn0w

IMEI unlock? What would that be?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Don't think ATNT will unlock it for you.