Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: All I want is a Vanilla 3GS

Unhappy All I want is a Vanilla 3GS
    I was given a dead iphone 3gs to keep if I could fix it. Great! I thought with all the help out there I should be able to fix it easy!!!

Nope. All I want is the vanilla 3GS. Don't want it JB. Don't want unlocked. Ok with ATT. So I plug it and get the error 1013. Fix the hosts. Delete the hosts. GS Appple Saurik. Reboot. Flushdns. nbtstat -R. Different computers. Nothing nada zilch. all possible combination tried.

Then using the latest redsnow with 4.3.3 I JB it to install 6.15 ipad basedband. Meh!. Don't want JB or Ipad baseband but what the heck worth a shot. It worked. But no modem, no wifi, no bluetooth, no imei, the carrier is searching without the sim in. Nothing with the sim in either. Glorified IPOD without wifi. I won't give up. right???? So i use ifundevice to install fuzzyband with the IEC file for 5.16 cert thinking this should downgrade/install it and from blank to 5.16. Nope. Stuck at querying modem.

I have seen all the error possible 1013 1015 3194 1600 1603 etc.

I am pastebining the latest log for the great minds here.

2011-05-19 12:01:40.531 [3676:16fc]: restore library built Feb 7 2011 at 06:28: - Pastebin.com

Help!!!

like the title says....alll i want is a Vanilla 3gs...plain...no mods...ironic that I ask on MODMYI...but irony is for another day....

Thanks

Sounds as if there is a hardware issue behind the sim card. My GF had the same problem and Apple replaced it 56 days out of warranty. Don't think they will if you've put iPad baseband on there though.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Turnamental For This Useful Post:

gumnaam (2011-05-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Well you should have read the warning about updating your baseband to 6.15. This is PERMANENT... forever... no possible way to downgrade! The only possible way to restore your phone now is with a custom firmware. If your WIFI, bluetooth, IMEI, etc are gone or grayed out you have much bigger issues.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

gumnaam (2011-05-19)

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Well you should have read the warning about updating your baseband to 6.15. This is PERMANENT... forever... no possible way to downgrade! The only possible way to restore your phone now is with a custom firmware. If your WIFI, bluetooth, IMEI, etc are gone or grayed out you have much bigger issues.
    Poseidon...thanks. I knew that the 6.15 was permanent. I also tried with a custom IPSW. Made my own with pwange on Mac. Downloaded one custom made. Nothing. All blank. But shouldn't the modem firmware show 6.15? It is blank. So I am assuming that the baseband is wiped out and the vanilla restore would have restored the BB. Currently it is the USB/Itunes screen like nothing ever happened.

turn or poseidon...

did ya guys look at the pastebin? Does anything stand out there?
    Last edited by gumnaam; 2011-05-19 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

You need to re-ren redsn0w and flash the iPad baseband again. Sounds like it didn't finish or got corrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    You need to re-ren redsn0w and flash the iPad baseband again. Sounds like it didn't finish or got corrupted.
    I will try that. The last 5 times I have tried it, it the pineapple went all the way to flashing baseband (do not interrupt) and then moved very slowly. I always let it finish, however the bar did not reach the end and it restarted to give me a communicationless iphone.

using redsn0w when I first start out, i have always used the vanilla 4.3.3 ipsw, should I try the custom one. the First step?

I am feeling good....i know I can solve this!!!!

CHEERS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gumnaam View Post
    I will try that. The last 5 times I have tried it, it the pineapple went all the way to flashing baseband (do not interrupt) and then moved very slowly. I always let it finish, however the bar did not reach the end and it restarted to give me a communicationless iphone.

using redsn0w when I first start out, i have always used the vanilla 4.3.3 ipsw, should I try the custom one. the First step?

I am feeling good....i know I can solve this!!!!

CHEERS!!!!

I just tried re-running redsnow with 4.3.3 vanilla. Unchecked install Cydia. Checked Ipad. at the pineapple screen the blue progress bar was stuck under the n of "don't interrupt" for about 10 minutes. then the phone rebooted and i got the same glorified iphone without any thing in communications modem etc....
    Last edited by gumnaam; 2011-05-19 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It quits at this particular location and then I get the apple logo and the reboot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img-20110519-00034.jpg  

What OS are you using - I had the same problem on Windows 7. I did a google search and found you have to run Redsnow in XP compatibility mode and change the affinity. If using Windows 7 google that. If not, sorry for the reply.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I think you should start from scratch. All this going this route and going that route and back is confusing.

First, make a custom 4.3.3 firmware with sn0wbreeze. Next, use redsn0w to set your device into pwned dfu mode.

Then, open TinyUmbrella (if you never used this before, don't worry about this step) and under advance options uncheck the box to point to Cydia on exit.

Open iTunes, shift+restore to the custom 4.3.3 firmware you built.

Then open redsn0w, browse to stock 4.3.3, select only the iPad baseband upgrade. If you are on win7, be sure to put redsn0w in xp compatibility mode before doing the bb flash.

Do not select to install Cydia when you do the bb flash. Select only that option.

Then let's see where that goes.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

gumnaam (2011-05-20)

Thanks

I'm ~99.9% sure you're the proud owner of a brick.

Lines 12-13

radio-error = 256
    radio-error-string = 'corrupted stack'

That and the baseband is reporting "no EEP" "no FLS" "Unknown/No bootloader" even after trying to flash 05.16.02 twice... that and the missing hardware-set values leads me to think you're sunk. Sorry.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

gumnaam (2011-05-20)

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Ah orby, bearer of the bad news. I agree though, usually when a phone reports missing info like that the phone is crapped.

But with the iPad bb there's no way to flash another bb on the device except for the iPad bb, might be worth a try. If all of that fails then the phone is done for.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

gumnaam (2011-05-20)

Orby, Annie,
    Thanks both for the feedback. Being a owner of a brick at least brings closure, if you know what I mean.

Annie,
    I will give what you suggested previously a shot to see where that goes.

Roar,
    I am on XP.

Thanks ALl

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Good luck bud. Hope it works out for you, if not hope you get good cash when selling it for parts