Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restoring with the latest version of iTunes

Default Restoring with the latest version of iTunes
    Hey all,

I want to take my jailbroken iPhone 3GS (4.0.1) into the Apple store and I need to revert it back to official firmware. I tried to just do a straight update but Apple is now saying that I'm not "eligible" for the current build. So it seems to me that I simply need to "downgrade" to the unjailbroken 3GS 4.0.1, which is fine, but here's the problem:

All present guides to downgrading instruct you to use tinyumbrella, save SHSH blobs with it, put your iPhone in DFU mode, start the tinyumbrella server, fire up iTunes, and hold down the "option" button when you click "restore" on the DFU'ed phone.

It's this last step that is tripping me up. Holding down the "option" button when I hit "restore" seems to have no effect-- iTunes doesn't let me specify the IPSW file I want to use. (I know that on a windows the button is 'shift', but I'm using a Mac).

Any suggestions? Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Thanks!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Do you have the latest version of itunes installed?

Quote Originally Posted by goofball2k View Post
    Do you have the latest version of itunes installed?

didn't u read the thread name?

Yes, I have the latest version of iTunes installed, and it may be that I should be regretting that.

Okay I'm an idiot it turns out my "option" key wasn't working!! False alarm everybody!
    Last edited by pythiowp; 2011-05-16 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost