Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrade From FW 4.1 BB 5.13.04 To FW 4.0 BB 5.13.04 yes im running 4.1 with BB 5.13

Question Downgrade From FW 4.1 BB 5.13.04 To FW 4.0 BB 5.13.04 yes im running 4.1 with BB 5.13
    OK, ive looked all over the place for a story similar to mine , however my story is one people dream of having.

Im running an Unlocked (with UltraSn0w) iPhone 3G[S] IOS 4.1 with a baseband of 5.13.04 (Used Custom Firmware)(i did this using the Redsn0w 9.26) , im having issues with push notifications. So i want to downgrade to 4.0 while still keeping my Baseband of 5.13.04.

So please post suggestions on what i should do, Thank you in advance.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Downgrading won't help. I'm assuming you hacktivated. That's why push notifications aren't working for you. Try installing Push Doctor. I've heard it works on 4.1 now. Go to Cydia and install the repo "www.cmdshft.ipwn.me/apt" and get Push Doctor.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

Zaudko (2010-11-13)

Yes I've all ready downloaded push doctor before and it worked absolutely fantastic on my 4.0 device however , after I downloaded it on this device that was restored to a custom pre activated firmware . Using redsn0w and their custom firmware bundles , It does not fix my 4.1 push notifications . I hope somebody can help me , Push Notifications are a necessity . Thanks again in Advance .

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Check to see what SHSHs you have. Go to Cydia, check the top of the home page in green letters, it should tell you. Then let me know.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

Zaudko (2010-11-13)

I only have shsh 4.1 and 4.2

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

That means you can only restore to 4.1. Try installing the custom firmware again but do not restore from backup. Set it up as new then try push doctor and see if your push works. Push Doctor should work fine on 4.1.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Zaudko (2010-11-13)

ok ill try . ill let you know how it goes. thanks

thank you thank you thank you !!!! I did a fresh custom firmware restore and installed push doctor before anything else and now everything works great !! =D the only down side is i have to manually put all my contacts back into my phone =/ but oh well thanks guys for the help
    Last edited by Zaudko; 2010-11-13 at 04:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Zaudko (2010-11-13)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zaudko View Post
    ok ill try . ill let you know how it goes. thanks

thank you thank you thank you !!!! I did a fresh custom firmware restore and installed push doctor before anything else and now everything works great !! =D the only down side is i have to manually put all my contacts back into my phone =/ but oh well thanks guys for the help
    If you have synced your iphone with itunes, then you can always sync back your contact through itunes.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    If you have synced your iphone with itunes, then you can always sync back your contact through itunes.
    ... or download iDriveLite (free) from the iTunesStore, if you need to backup and restore your contacts outside iTunes, even from another device or account, or just selected contacts. It works perfectly, images included.