Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3Gs SIM card invalid.

Default 3Gs SIM card invalid.
    I run on Solo/Bell here in canada, ive been running 4.0.1 on my 3gs with no problems, after jailbreakme.com and running ultrasn0w, i was fine and my Solo SIM card worked,

tonight i upgraded to 4.1 because i seen there was a jailbreak for it, but after doing it and it not working, im screwed,

i tried redsn0w, limera1n, greenpo1son and even jumped on my mac to try limera1in there, also tried to create my own IPSW on limera1n for mac, still no luck,

wtf happened, i read somewhere my baseband at 05.14.02 is what the problem was, can anyone explain to me what i need to do to get my 3Gs running with my solo SIM again, this phone is my only means of contact,

thanks,

if you rely on an unlock your screwed till ultrasn0w is updated

any idea when that is?

no more than a couple weeks is my guess.. sometime after 4.2 releases

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

After the release of IOS 4.2

from what i see, 4.2 was supposed to release td?

If it says sim card invalid install this source in Cydia go to manage sources edit add put in [url]http://cydia.pushfix.info then install the activation patch and reinstall ultrasnow

dosent seem to work, theres like 10 in there and the only one that looks like its what i need isnt for 4.1

activation patch is for hacktivated phones.. unlock is what you need.. shouldnt be much longer

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Sometime within this week to next week is a safe guess

i heard for sure it was going to be this friday, i read it in an article from this morning,

anyone confirm that?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Yes, I heard that too, this friday will be the release date of IOS 4.2

i dont follow these things to closely, but the day of 4.2, will the updated ultrasn0w unlocker come out too?, or do they usually wait a bit, this is my first dev release i ever had to follow this closley, usually there already out when i need them,

i hate not being able to call/be called,or txt, its not like i need it to live, its just nice to do lol

ohh, and today i bought a iPhone 4, 32gb for 500$ NIB! its also 4.1, so i still need that ultrasn0w to use it, i already chopped up my sim to be a mini-sim
    Last edited by DreyeIce; 2010-11-10 at 05:10 AM.