Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS 4.1 unlock?

Default 3GS 4.1 unlock?
    Hello Friends,
    I have googled but just can't find a straight answer. Fuzzyband says bootloader 06.04 (g2m3s2), baseband V. ICE2-05.13.04
    Ready for ultraslow. Problem is it just searches for T-mobile, and slows down. Can I downgrade? I tried and am getting nowhere. Thanks, sorry if redundant.
    John

BTW I have SHSH blobs 4.0 4.02, 4.01 and 4.0 Thanks.

Damn! That my iPhone 4! no blobs on the 3GS!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Is your 3gs already at 4.1 ? Is your baseband at 05.14.xx or 05.13.xx?

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    Is your 3gs already at 4.1 ? Is your baseband at 05.14.xx or 05.13.xx?
    Yes. 4.1, 5.13.04

Just ran tiny umbrella to save blobs.

Thanks!

Thanks

You can now jailbreak with GreenPoison RC4 or Limera1n and unlock with Ultrasn0w.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

jamriman (2010-11-03)

Hi guys,

I just got the 3GS, it was jailbroken and unlock with 4.0.2 and 5.13. well stupid me did not any better updated the phone with Itune. not I can't unlock. I have been told that, currently it is impossible to unlock with the baseband 5.14 on the 3GS. any body on here has crack the barrier?
    I have use Limera1n to jailbreak it and use ultrasn0w but such luck. I just got to jailbreak but about all.
    I have to download the earlier 4.0.2 firmware but I I can't get Itune to recognize the firmware. I'm running Windows 7. can any body assist me please!!!
    Last edited by my1stapphone; 2010-11-03 at 11:35 PM. Reason: left out further details.

Thanks

Just stay at your jailbroken 4.1, many new festures and bug fixes and wait for an unlock coming soon but no set date for it.

ok thanks. as of right now I have to find another phone for use.

I couldnt get iPhone to reset all data on it's own. It hung on the apple logo. I tried to restore from downloaded firmware but got errors even though saved SHSH blobs. Had to restore from apple. Baseband is now 5.14 from 5.13. Where did I mess up? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jamriman View Post
    . Had to restore from apple. Baseband is now 5.14 from 5.13. Where did I mess up? Thanks!
    Restored from Apple is where u messed up. Apples firmware has updated your baseband.
    No signature spam or links

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jamriman View Post
    I couldnt get iPhone to reset all data on it's own. It hung on the apple logo. I tried to restore from downloaded firmware but got errors even though saved SHSH blobs. Had to restore from apple. Baseband is now 5.14 from 5.13. Where did I mess up? Thanks!
    Resetting all data = not good when you're jailbroken and unlocked. Revert to SHSH blobs or a custom restore next time you want to start fresh on a jailbroken iPhone. Also, restoring to stock firmware through iTunes should ALWAYS be avoided. At least the 4.1 unlock should, hopefully, be coming out soon though.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Anyone have any good fixes for an already unlocked and jailbroken 3GS having problems getting stuck on apple logo while updating to 4.0 custom firmware? I fixed one with going to a PC, but the other one justvlocks up and starts doing the wheel of death. Is there a program to use other that custom firmware thru iTunes platform? Is there something like a redsn0w program?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

Are you using pwnage tool to create the custom firmware?

Thanks for the response.
    Actually, solved the issue using sn0wbreeze 2.1 (you have to use 2.1 due to the exploit).

Previously, I tried custom 4.0, 4.0.1 and 4.0.2 made through pwnage AND sn0wbreeze. When I tried to restore through itunes it just hung on the "preparing for restore," and then the infamous 16xx error. Installs were tried on both a mac and a pc.
    Trying to restore non-custom firmware (all the above versions) resulted in the "you are not eligible," which, of course, I know is not true since my phone was on 4.0

All said, I am not functioning, jailbroken and unlocked on 4.1

thanks again for response.

I have iPhone 3GS 3.1.3 would like to upgrade to 4.1, would love to use sn0wbreeze, but since 4.2.1 is out, will I be able to upgrade to 4.1 using sn0wbreeze. I have saved my SHSH using Tiny Umbrella.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

Yes you can update to 4.1 using sn0wbreeze with your 4.1 SHSH using tiny umbrella.