Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Regarding Newly purchased iPhone

Default Regarding Newly purchased iPhone
    Okay, I purchased 2 new iPhones last week. I'm on Rogers in Canada so i don't have to unlock the phone just a jailbreak to get my themes running again.

I've been using the 1st gen iPhone since because this is the version of the Iphone i been waiting for. Front facing camera, speed, Facetime... blah blah blah.

Now, considering I've been out for a while I have to be schooled a little in some things here:

I tried to jailbreak with Pawnage once i created my custom firmware, went to itunes and alt click restore to select my custom firmware... itunes said that it does not recognize the firmware.

I had to bump my phone back to the factory settings... I tried several times. nothing.

Is it due to the baseband/ firmware on my phone that i am unable to get it jailbroken?

Im using the latest version of itunes and an new iphone purchased 2weeks ago that must've shipped with a new bootloader/ firmware/ baseband.... ? Sorry guy's i was great at doing this but fell out of the loop.

Can someone point me in the right direction for a tutorial. I have searched online but Im just a weeeee' bit lost in all the updates that have gone on... I know 1st gen iphone. I was part of a prehistoric event. lol

btw: Im running a mac.
    Last edited by straightryder; 2010-11-01 at 09:08 PM.

Thanks

You need greenp0ison or limera1n google for either one..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cid6.7 For This Useful Post:

straightryder (2010-11-01)

Cid6.7.

Thank you.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

In case you haven't already, download TinyUmbrella and save your SHSH blobs now !!!

http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/

Also note: Your baseband version may not be an issue now ---- BUT keeping the original version will INCREASE re-sale value later when you decide to sell.
    Last edited by Mes; 2010-11-01 at 09:23 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

straightryder (2010-11-01)