Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrading to 4.0.1 to 4.1 stuck in restore mode.and got random errors

Default Upgrading to 4.0.1 to 4.1 stuck in restore mode.and got random errors
    hi. i have an iphone 3gs. i think my firmware is messed up so i tried restoring to 4.1. but then i got stuck in restoring for about 1 hour. then tried unplugged and plugged in again. but i get random errors like error 1614, 16++.. dunno what to do. i cant restore!

Go to tiny umbrella on google, down load newest version for windows or mac, have your phone plugged in and iTunes on and press kick at recovery on TU, baseband will stay same but firmware will upgrade, also search in guide at top

kick out of recovery while stuck on restoring or when i get the errors?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenrabbit View Post
    Go to tiny umbrella on google, down load newest version for windows or mac, have your phone plugged in and iTunes on and press kick at recovery on TU, baseband will stay same but firmware will upgrade, also search in guide at top
    No, baseband will not be preserved when using TU. That is only for the i4. Please read carefully when giving that advice because in worst case scenario someone updates his baseband and his phone will be unusable.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dhamien For This Useful Post:

Greenrabbit (2010-10-30), keicee (2010-10-30)

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    No, baseband will not be preserved when using TU. That is only for the i4. Please read carefully when giving that advice because in worst case scenario someone updates his baseband and his phone will be unusable.
    sir how will i restore my phone? its stuck in "Restoring iphone progress bar" it doest move. i dont care if my phone will be unlockable. i just want this phone to work. help please.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by keicee View Post
    sir how will i restore my phone? its stuck in "Restoring iphone progress bar" it doest move. i dont care if my phone will be unlockable. i just want this phone to work. help please.
    I read about your problem in the other thread as well. I don't know how to fix it. If you absolutely can not do a regular restore in iTunes on any computer, your only option is to take it in to Apple.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

omg. but i dunno if there's an apple here in the philippines.

Make sure you have itunes 10 and if you have wifi sync installed , uninstall it . Wifi sync on the computer can cause problem.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-11-03 at 07:57 PM.

Hi my iPhone is 3GS versión 4.0.2 and i want to jailbreak it what can i do ???

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwood anton View Post
    Hi my iPhone is 3GS versión 4.0.2 and i want to jailbreak it what can i do ???
    You can jailbreak your 4.0.2 with Limera1n.

Quote Originally Posted by keicee View Post
    omg. but i dunno if there's an apple here in the philippines

Make sure you have itunes 10 and if you have wifi sync installed , uninstall it . Wifi sync on the computer can cause problem
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-11-03 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

whats a wifi sync?how will i know if i have that one?i already tried restoring into 5 computers. including 3 laptops. still no luck. im using the latest version of itunes. and tried restoring a custom firmware,and the original firmware..still stuck at iphone restoring. 20%progess bar

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Then it is not wifi sync problem. what errors are you getting ? Check your usb cable , it seems like your iphone is not communicating with Itunes, that is why it keeps waiting for a reply.

Thanks

Try putting your phone in recovery mode then open iTunes then a restore ?

i tried using 3 usb cables. im getting erros like 16++
    @cid ive already done that.,

we have a similar problem. but mine stuck in 20%

http://modmyi.com/forums/general/735...ng-99-a-4.html