Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I have a problem, need help

Default I have a problem, need help
    I have a 3g and i have 4.1 software. I need to downgrade to an earlier software to jailbreak. I got a downgrade software and it didnt work. Need help! Please help!

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

if you haven't got any SHSH blobs saved for previous Firmwares then you can't Downgrade.
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

I have the same problem, having an iphone 3g on 4.1 firmware. I got the phone off ebay and don't know whether it has ever been jailbroken is there any way to find out. Also is there any way to see if there are any SHSH blobs saved? Help please

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Jailbreak 4.1 with Sn0wbreeze 2.0.2 or Redsn0w 0.9.6b1. If you have a Mac, you can use the new PwnageTool too.

This doesn't mean you can unlock. The baseband has already been upgraded on 4.1.

You can hope to have bootloader 5.8. Run F0recast on it and see. If you dont have bootloader 5.8, you cannot downgrade your baseband to unlock.

One last thing, iPhone 3G can downgrade to 3.1.x without SHSHs.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-10-24 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost