Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS 4.1 old bootrom 05.11.07 - need to unlock to use a different supplier SIM

Default 3GS 4.1 old bootrom 05.11.07 - need to unlock to use a different supplier SIM
    Hi,

I had a jailbroken 3GS at 3.1.2. It went into the "stuck at apple logo" mode and I ended up upgrading to version 4.1 to get it going again!

Unfortunately I have now lost my jailbreak and unlock. The major prob for me is that in recent months i switched service providers, so now that my iphone is no longer unlocked I cannot use it with my new service provider SIM

So my question is :

Can I unlock a 3GS @ 4.1 (old bootrom) bb 05.11.07 ? I can live with out a jailbreak but the big thing for me is to be able to use my current SIM in the Iphone.

Hope I've explained my situation clearly!
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Valhalla

PS. I forgot to mention that I used tinyumbrella to search for my SHSH for version 3.1.2, but unfortunately they are not stored!!!

Okay, I'm learning more with every passing minute!

It seem's that I would be able to jailbreak my 3GS again using Limerain.

To unlock, I will need to wait for a solution from Ultrasn0w?

Damn, the unlock is more improtant to me, as now,even if i do jailbreak, i can only use the phone with my old service provider SIM!!

Out of luck for now! Where is the best place to follow Ultrasn0w unlock progress?
    Last edited by valhalla2010; 2010-10-11 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Your modem baseband is already 05.14.xx, why did you use stock firmware 4.1? You could have used Custom Firmware to restore to 4.1, then your baseband will still be at 05.11.07. Now it is too late.

Default still on bb 05.11.07
    Hi Yeow,

I followed your instructions on another post and used a custom version of the 4.1 firmware when restoring, so I still have bb 05.11.07.

Do I still have an opportunity to unlock?

We are on different time zones so sorry I didnít catch you while you were on line!

Thanks

Open up Cydia and install Ultrasn0w to unlock. You are good to go.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

valhalla2010 (2010-10-12)

Thanks Yeow, I dont know why i missed that on your instruction from the other thread. Its working with my new SIM now.

Next stop JB!!

Thanks

Cool

one final question : as I already have Cydia on my iphone does this mean I am currently jailbroken? I didnt use Limera1n!!!

Thanks

Yes , you are already jailbroken. If you want to keep using custom firmware, you can restore again to custom fw over the present one, just stay away from official firmware restore and you will be fine & at the same time preserving your baseband for unlock

10. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

valhalla2010 (2010-10-13)

Hi iYeow: Great Job.... Thanks.... so much...
    I have 3gs jb with Sn0wbreeze and using Ultrasn0w Unlocked 05.11.07. Done this latest jb & unlock about 45 Days ago. Must now restore due ability to ssh finally quit completely and after deleting some photos on a iphonebrowser usb connect, none of my computers any longer see the iPhone 3gs, they see my iTouch ok... Question: Can I use that same IPSW file I created in Jan 2011 to restore?? will that work??

sandrunner, the old IPSW should work. Just make sure you're running TinyUmbrella TSS Server to bypass Apple Verification Server. That should restore your 3Gs properly.