Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrading iPhone 3G [S] from 4.1 to 4.0 problems

Angry Downgrading iPhone 3G [S] from 4.1 to 4.0 problems
    Please help me out!

I have an iPhone 3G [S] that needs to be downgraded to 4.0 from 4.1. I have modified the hosts file, used tiny umbrella to start the TSS server, ran iTunes as admin and yet, i still get error 3194 while trying to downgrade. Please help me downgrade this iPhone!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Why do you want to downgrade to 4.0 ? Do you have 4.0 shsh blogs. Error 3194 indicates you don't have it or you are not doing it correctly.

No,

I don't have any SHSH blobs saved on cydia or anything. I am running on an ethernet cable because my router is not working... Does that make any difference?

Thanks

If you want to use jailbreakme , then I suggest you downgrade to 4.0.1 with shsh blogs.

If you don't have any shsh blogs below 4.1 , then you can't. If you have then I can assist you.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-10-10 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I havent ever saved SHSH blobs...Do you know of any upcoming jailbreaks that will support 4.1 new bootrom 3G [S] ?

Thanks

Limera1n now but if you want to wait a couple of days before everything settles down to a more stable release of the jailbreak.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

MilanBac (2010-10-10)

Thanks! He said that the new bootrom 3gs is broken but im willing to wait Do you have any guesses when geohot will fix it? He said that a fix is pending so should i count in days or weeks? Thanks for the info

OMG The new bootrom is fixed in his beta 3 release! Thank you so much! I pressy the thanky button
    Last edited by MilanBac; 2010-10-10 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MilanBac View Post
    Thanks! He said that the new bootrom 3gs is broken but im willing to wait Do you have any guesses when geohot will fix it? He said that a fix is pending so should i count in days or weeks? Thanks for the info

OMG The new bootrom is fixed in his beta 3 release! Thank you so much! I pressy the thanky button
    Just wanted to answer about the bugs, it should certainly be within days. Geohot is usually quite quick to get everything ironed out.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.