Results 1 to 18 of 18

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Question About iPhone 4 and Jailbreaking

  1. #1
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Question About iPhone 4 and Jailbreaking
    If I were to upgrade my 3GS to an iPhone 4 through AT&T within the next month or two would I be able to jailbreak it or would there be some sort of super secret Apple anti-jailbreak on it?

  2. #2
    With the new greenpois0n jailbreak until apple updates the hardware then everyone is fine so im going to say you should be fine..

  3. #3
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by silent six View Post
    With the new greenpois0n jailbreak until apple updates the hardware then everyone is fine so im going to say you should be fine..
    Cool. I'm expecting my deposit back from AT&T so I can upgrade. Greenpois0n won't work with 3G[S] old bootrom from what I hear regarding the latest news?

  4. #4
    Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alhambra, CA
    Posts
    16,904
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    Nope. It only works on iP4, iPad, and iPT 4G.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by JVogt View Post
    Cool. I'm expecting my deposit back from AT&T so I can upgrade. Greenpois0n won't work with 3G[S] old bootrom from what I hear regarding the latest news?
    Nope just the ones with the a4 chip (ipad, iphone 4, ipod touch 4g, and itv)

  6. #6
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by silent six View Post
    Nope just the ones with the a4 chip (ipad, iphone 4, ipod touch 4g, and itv)
    Awww man that sucks. Well hopefully AT&T hurries up. They said it would be 2-4 weeks and knowing big companies like AT&T it's going to be even longer than that.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    Nope. It only works on iP4, iPad, and iPT 4G.
    Dangit annie you beat me by a minute lol

  8. #8
    Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alhambra, CA
    Posts
    16,904
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    Yeah, I feel bad for the 3GS owners. Seems like the 3GS always gets conditions or screwed out of jb. The iP4 barely came out and now it has a permanent jb

    Good thing I upgraded to a 4. The lesson here is that 3GS owners should quickly back up their SHSHs asap for future emergencies.

  9. #9
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by silent six View Post
    Dangit annie you beat me by a minute lol
    I just saw that too. lol

  10. #10
    Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alhambra, CA
    Posts
    16,904
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by silent six View Post
    Dangit annie you beat me by a minute lol
    I've learned to type quickly lol. I've been training to beat Yeow haha, he's too quick for me.

  11. #11
    Rumor is comex is working on a jb for 3gs 4.1.. But a rumor is a rumor

    Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    I've learned to type quickly lol. I've been training to beat Yeow haha, he's too quick for me.
    Yea he is quick.. I opened the thread and saw no reply and was like yea.. Then you got me lol
    Last edited by DevouredDreams; 2010-10-08 at 04:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  12. #12
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    Yeah, I feel bad for the 3GS owners. Seems like the 3GS always gets conditions or screwed out of jb. The iP4 barely came out and now it has a permanent jb

    Good thing I upgraded to a 4. The lesson here is that 3GS owners should quickly back up their SHSHs asap for future emergencies.
    Yeah. This is my first attempt at trying to jailbreak. Before looking into it I updated to the 4.1 firmware.

    Quote Originally Posted by silent six View Post
    Rumor is comex is working on a jb for 3gs 4.1.. But a rumor is a rumor
    I hope it's true. I got all excited about jailbreaking my iPhone once my buddy showed me and now I can't. Funny thing is he works at an Apple store. Infiltrated?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by JVogt View Post
    Yeah. This is my first attempt at trying to jailbreak. Before looking into it I updated to the 4.1 firmware.



    I hope it's true. I got all excited about jailbreaking my iPhone once my buddy showed me and now I can't. Funny thing is he
    works at an Apple store. Infiltrated?
    I guarentee at least 75% of employees jailbreak.. Even steve jobs lol

  14. #14
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by silent six View Post
    I guarentee at least 75% of employees jailbreak.. Even steve jobs lol
    Yeah. He just wants it all to himself so he can roll around and show off his cool jailbroken phone while everyone is enslaved by Apple. lol

  15. #15
    Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alhambra, CA
    Posts
    16,904
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    I went into AT&T to buy my iP4 and their display iP4 was on 4.0.1 jb with jailbreakme lol. I asked the guy "you know your display is jb right?" lol and he just smiled and shrugged. I don't think it bothered him haha.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by JVogt View Post
    Yeah. He just wants it all to himself so he can roll around and show off his cool jailbroken phone while everyone is enslaved by Apple. lol
    Steve prob has android on his iphone.. Im going to get some hell over that.. No pun intended towards ios

  17. #17
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    I went into AT&T to buy my iP4 and their display iP4 was on 4.0.1 jb with jailbreakme lol. I asked the guy "you know your display is jb right?" lol and he just smiled and shrugged. I don't think it bothered him haha.
    Are you serious or joking? Because if this is the truth than it is awesome.

  18. #18
    Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alhambra, CA
    Posts
    16,904
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    Lol for real he just shrugged it off like he knew what I'm talking about. Of course he knew what I was talking about, he owns a 3GS lol.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •