Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help me please!

Default Help me please!
    My iPhone 3GS can't be upgrade to 4.1 neither downgrad to 4.0.1. Right now my phone version is 4.0.2(8A400). Do anyone know what is wrong with my phone? Please help me. I tried to update it, it said error 3... Can't be updated. I did tried to downgrade it to 4.0.1 but my comp can't save nor can't find my shsh file. How?

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

possible your firewalls blocking itunes and or TU?
    or try putting in to DFU mode and restoring..
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I agree with seann33uk a restore while in DFU usually sorts any errors with iTunes.
    If I helped please head on over and smash the Thanks button.

My Personal Cydia source: apt.finalbillybong.com

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ikah89 View Post
    My iPhone 3GS can't be upgrade to 4.1 neither downgrad to 4.0.1. Right now my phone version is 4.0.2(8A400). Do anyone know what is wrong with my phone? Please help me. I tried to update it, it said error 3... Can't be updated. I did tried to downgrade it to 4.0.1 but my comp can't save nor can't find my shsh file. How?
    Error 3... what? Simply error 3 or did you mean error 3194? If it's the latter, you're having the ineligible build error which means you're trying to downgrade to a version that Apple doesn't allow. Try searching for a guide on how to downgrade using SHSH files.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

Ya it's 3194. Tried Tinyumbrella my shsh file can't be save nor found. Alright I will try again to find my shsh file. Thanks!!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ikah89 View Post
    Ya it's 3194. Tried Tinyumbrella my shsh file can't be save nor found. Alright I will try again to find my shsh file. Thanks!!
    If TU can't find it, then unfortunately you can't downgrade. The files are device specific meaning you can't use anyone else's. They can also only be gotten while Apple signs the individual versions. Apple stopped signing 4.0.1 all the way back in mid-August.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.