Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [B]Need the experts expertise!!!!![/B]

Default [B]Need the experts expertise!!!!![/B]
    Ok guys heres the deal....

So I may be traveling soon and would love to be able to take my unlocked phone with me so I dont have to buy a new one. I know i could prob do a search but I feel like theres too much info to dissect (baseband, firmware, model, SHSH, etc) and have to combine to find a solution so if someone can help I would greatly appreciate it!!!

I feel like I have a good understanding on how it would be done so im gonna just step throw in and hopefully i am right and it can be done this way but if someone could verify or correct me if im wrong Id appreciate it.

Heres the back ground... I have a 3gs that has been updated to 4.1 and I know everyone will immediately say you cant jailbreak/hack but Im pretty sure I can downgrade to 4.0.1 (via changing the host file so that when it goes to verify with apple it actually is talking with cydia) <- will this actually work?? I havent updated itunes so last time I checked this was able to be done.

Ok so if that works I would have a iphone 3gs running on 4.0.1 and be able to jailbreak via jailbreakme.com.

Once thats done I would be able to hack it....What is the best way to hack it to open it to any carrier?? I know you have to add a source to cydia but what is source I should enter (repo666.ultrasn0w.com/). I will be traveling to London and possible other European countries. And when im there can I buy just any old sim card and use or are there certain sims to use in certain countries.

I just wanted to double check that my way of doing this is actually possible and can be done before I go doing it. Any help would work guys/girls.... Thanks for your time and have a wonderful day/week/weekend!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

If you updated to 4.1 then your baseband was updated to 05.14.02 which there is no unlock for, and you cannot downgrade your baseband on a 3GS.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Kenzie_Roth (2010-10-06)

Thanks!! Thats all I needed to know... I will be patient like the rest and wait till the new hack comes out. Have a good day!!!