Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 3gs on 4.1 (no shsh blobs)

Default iphone 3gs on 4.1 (no shsh blobs)
    Hi
    I've just recently purchased an iPhone 3GS and upgraded to OS 4.1 a friend has introduced me to the jailbreak world option but has told me 4.1 is unjailbreakable

question: Is this true?
    also ive tried to use tinyumbrella to save my shsh blobs on lower OS but no joy

can anyone help

Thanks

Yes, it is true. The jailbreak for 4.1 is not out yet. May need to wait for a couple more weeks. The dev team are working on it.

NOt only is it not possible to jailbreak, it's also impossible to unlock if need to be.

If you do require an unlock then it could be a while after the JB is out before you can unlock it too.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to eyeRobot For This Useful Post:

Ikah89 (2010-10-07)

Ok. Thanks guys. I'll wait a while

i think im forced to wait for a while as well. But being as I am I cant help messing around and trying new things.

I recently got my 3Gs replaced by from Apple. Only I got it delivered with 4.1

Was looking around in Umbrella, and it actually finds the SHSH blobs for my ECID for a 3G but not a 3GS.

The firmware is called the same thing 8A293, so can the 3G FW not be installed on the 3Gs? and if not why?

No. The 3Gs ECID is unique for the 3Gs. The one TU is reporting may belong to somebody else's 3G.