Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP iphone 3gs restoring

Default HELP iphone 3gs restoring
    Ok guys heres the deal. I have an iphone 3gs running on 4.0.1 jailbroken by jailbreakme.com and unlocked by ultrasn0w. I want to just restore it back to 4.0.1 and i went on cydia to save my shsh blobs. The only problem is that cydia is saving the shsh blobs of 4.1 and I never had 4.1 on this phone. I tried using tinyumbrella but it is having the same issues also. I just want to do a full restore for 4.0.1 for my iphone. Should i use a custom firmware to update to 4.1? or is there an update to 4.1 i can do and preserve my baseband for unlocking? I NEED HELP GUYS!!! thanks again. X

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I had almost the similar situation which you have. I have 3GS with old bootrom, had 4.0.1 JB using jailbreakme. Then I was playing around after 4.1 one was out and I bricked it, so I had to upgrade to 4.1 to make it up and running. Waited for 2 weeks to get GreenPoison but it was not out, so I downgraded back to 4.0.1, then followed the steps on this to use custom firmware with Snowbreeze to get on 4.1
    http://*************/topic/83762-sn0...d-touch-3g-2g/

Just make sure that you follow each step very carefully and take full backup before starting anything.
    I have my 3GS running perfectly on 4.1 JB

ooo ok great. one thing is that can i still unlock it? because im a tmobile user. i just want to make sure i can still unlock it if im gonna go custom 4.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrHin View Post
    ooo ok great. one thing is that can i still unlock it? because im a tmobile user. i just want to make sure i can still unlock it if im gonna go custom 4.1
    I believe with the custom firmware upgrade you preserve your baseband but I have never unlocked my phone so I wont be the best person to answer this. Make sure that you get some guidance before proceeding because thats something very important to you

thanks manish you are very helpful. can you tell me what your baseband is so i can see if ultrasn0w is compatible?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have 5.14.02 since I had upgraded to 4.1 official firmware once but I have old bootrom 3GS. Use f0recast to check your compatibility

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

I have assessed the details of your iphone and this is what i conclude :
    You cannot use custom firmware and you cannot restore to 4.0.1. In other words, you cannot do any restore, if your iphone crashes, then you can only restore to 4.1 and you will lose your jailbreak and unlock too.

If you don't believe me, you can ask another expert for another opinion.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-10-06 at 01:31 AM.

i believe you. thanks guys

Thanks

i believe you. thanks guys
    One more last hope, give me your first 5 serial number starting from the left.

just messaged ya.

Thanks

After the install, i will guide you on custom firmware.

and don't install any other cydia stuffs to avoid crashes.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-10-06 at 02:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost