Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: shsh ?????

Arrow shsh ?????
    Hello

Just a question few weeks ago I purchase iphone 3gs fw 3.1.2

Used umbrella-4.1.4 will only save my shsh at 4.1

Since now I have the 3gs ECID I did a search / save my shsh in umbrella-4.1.4 at all FW version but only found the 4.1 FW

Here is what I donít understand I did a search/ save my shsh using MY 3GS ECID however now I selected 3g 4.0 and 4.0.1 it did found it under 3g and save it on my desktop like this 2xxxxxxxxxxx6-iphone3g-4.0.1.shsh

is that mean i have the 4.0.1 shsh for the 3gs???

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

No , you don't have it. 3g and 3gs are different, just like apples and oranges. You can save 3g shsh blogs, it is somebody's else.
    The reason why you have only 4.1, the seller jailbreak or you jailbreak it at the time when Apple is signing IOS 4.1.
    In other words, If your 3.1.2 crashes, you will be forced to go to 4.1 at the lowest.

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    No , you don't have it. 3g and 3gs are different, just like apples and oranges. You can save 3g shsh blogs, it is somebody's else.
    The reason why you have only 4.1, the seller jailbreak or you jailbreak it at the time when Apple is signing IOS 4.1.
    In other words, If your 3.1.2 crashes, you will be forced to go to 4.1 at the lowest.
    Thanks for your reply what i dont understand is if ECID is unique to each iphone so why i am getting the 3g 4.0.1 shsh using my 3gs ECID since i have a 3gs

Yeah ... you can only get SHSHs blobs for version that Apple signs at the moment. Therefore, you can only get SHSHs blobs for 4.1 as Apple is currently signing ONLY this version.

As for the 3G SHSH that TU is reporting, as mentioned by yeow. It cannot be used as most likely it's somebody else's ECID for the 3G (not the 3Gs).

If you want to upgrade to 4.0, you need to Jailbreak your 3Gs at 3.1.2 using either redsn0w or blackra1n and then use custom firmware using PwnageTool or sn0wbreeze to upgrade to 4.0.

Thanks

3G and 3Gs can have the same ECID and the only difference is the 3g and 3gs.
    Another example Car Licence plate : abc123 and another bce123, get it, they are not the same , right?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

In TU, Tap with your mouse on the list of firmwares and phones, it will drop down a menu and you will see your blobs there.

3G and 3Gs can have the same ECID and the only difference is the 3g and 3gs.
    Another example Car Licence plate : abc123 and another bce123, get it, they are not the same , right?
    Thanks again so ECID is NOT unique to each iphone so my iphone 3gs could have the ecid 123456789 and your iphone 3g could have the same ecid 123456789

Thanks

Yes, that is correct.

the ECID is unique to the phone type/version. IE, there will only be ONE ECID for each 3Gs (i.e. no other 3Gs will have the same ECID).

Yes, that is correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by azraeil View Post
    the ECID is unique to the phone type/version. IE, there will only be ONE ECID for each 3Gs (i.e. no other 3Gs will have the same ECID).
    azraeil... as i understand from yeow202 maybe you are right too BUT ECID number for 3gs can be share/the same number with ECID 3g