Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Getting all contacts back?

Default Getting all contacts back?
    Ok this is my situation:

Iam currently in Canada and I was on Fido network with a 32GB 3GS, old bootrom. I recenetly had the opportunity to switch to the Rogers network due to a good price on a plan I found.

I told my self I will go on the plan, jailbreak/unlock my phone and Iam set.

I decided to sync my phone to computer #1 (ive ALWAYS used this computer to manage my iphone) and BACK UP DATA (not sync) to computer #2.

My phone was on 4.0.2 before I switched to this plan. So I downgraded to 3.1.2. Jail broke it, cooked 4.1 firmware and stuck it back on the phone. Now the phone is working just fine. HOWEVER, I do not have any of my old contacts.

My question is how do I get them back without loosing my jailbreak? I dont care about ANYTHING else other then the contacts?

Iam sure this has been covered before and I did serach. I didnt find exactly what I was looking for so I would appriciate any help. Thanks!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

When you say you backed up your data, what data did you mean? If you've stored your /var/mobile/Library folder, then you have the AddressBook folder in there too. You can manually move that over to the restored phone. Just remember to set the ownership and access permissions right. You can see on the newly restored phone what they're supposed to be before you move over the files from your computer.

Another way would just be to 'restore from backup' from within iTunes (that's probably the easiest way, though most people prefer to 'set up as new' after a restore).
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.