Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3gs 3.1.3 to 4.0.X

Thanks

K my sim card borked out on me so had to get a new one I'm almost to the point of upgrading lol anyway I went got a new sim card and the kid asked me if I backed up my contacts onto it I was like uhhhhh nope ?? So he says good and I'm on my way home so anyone know how to backem up to the card so I don't need to add them back 1 by 1 ?? Man I'll get it upgraded before Xmas I hope lol

SIManager will write contacts to sim card just trying to figure out how to work it..lol
    Last edited by Cid6.7; 2010-10-15 at 07:49 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

You can only import contacts from sim if you contacts is stored in your sim.
    Why can't you sync all your contacts into either one of those four categories i mentioned earlier.

Thanks

Yep I sent all contacts from my phone to the sim so I won't need to sync them after a upgrade just one less thing I have to try and sync lol

The Contacts and the SMSs are in the backup file. Whenever you sync your iPhone, iTunes will backed it up (Wifi Settings/Contacts and SMS). Once you restore your backup after an upgrade, you should be able to get back all your settings and you contacts/SMS.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to azraeil For This Useful Post:

Cid6.7 (2010-10-18)

Thanks

So what does itunes actually back up when it does one..?
    I wasn't sure if going from 3.1.3 to 4.1 would allow me to use the backup..

Also the "place" where jbme2pwn is, is down if anyone know of another to grab it off of please gimme a pm..

Peace..

Also I dont need to unlock this phone so shouldnt I just be able to upgrade with a custom 4.1 OS & JB it with limera1n or somethin..?

Anyone know of another repo to get jbme2pwn from please gimme a pm I'm stuck 1/2 way thru a upgrade lol
    Last edited by Cid6.7; 2010-10-19 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

IIANM, iTunes will backup all the data that you have in your apps as well. For example I have thousands of entries in my SplashMoney and by restoring the backup those entires will appear in the apps (if I don't restore the backup, I'm pretty much screwed). I know for a fact that it will restore all your wifi settings (passwords for all the access points etc) and it will restore your SMS and your contacts.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to azraeil For This Useful Post:

Cid6.7 (2010-10-19)

Thanks

Seeing as how I cant download jbme2pwn can I not just downgrade back to 3.1.3 jailbreak with spirit then use spirit2pwn to upgrade to 4.1

Or use redsn0w on 3.1.3 then again for 4.1 ?
    Last edited by Cid6.7; 2010-10-19 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Theres got to be another way to save my baseband & upgrade to 4.1 by downgrading back to 3.1.3 & then using some other JB method..?

Thanks

Ok finally iwoowiz repo is once again running jbme2pwn is available for those who want to keep their bb have shsh files saved & want to upgrade to 4.1

BUT IF YOUR ON 3.1.3 DO NOT ACCIDENTALLY INSTALL JBME2PWN LIKE I DID..LOL my phone is in neither DFU mode or in recovery mode yet there's black screen grrrrrr kabibble

Uhhh wtf guss Its stuck in recovery mode..TU doesn't even recognize the phone is plugged in iTunes does however..I tried restoring but still in recovery...Whats that other proggy Ive read will kick ur phone outa recovery..?

Peace..

Found it couldnt get recBoot to detect phone either (win64) Oh & guess what just happened...I restored to 3.1.3 & now the completely dead battery icon is on the phone screen..Does that mean Im a total moron & all that was wrong was the dead frkn battery..lmfao Not enough coffee this mornin I guess..

EDIT:
    OK JbeMe2Pwn totally messes with my phone as soon as I install it it goes black screen then nothing detects it but iTunes & it says its in recovery mode..The only way to get TU to detect it is to restore back to 3.1.3
    Im about to give up & just do a "legit" 4.1 upgrade

Ok givin it another go with a full charge..

K giving up JBME2PWN DOES NOT WORK
    Last edited by Cid6.7; 2010-10-31 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123