Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrade 3.1.2 to 3.1.3

Default Upgrade 3.1.2 to 3.1.3
    Hi,

I am trying to find out how to upgrade my Wife's phone (iPhone 3GS 3.1.2) to 3.1.3.

I've found instructions for downgrading from 4.x to 3.1.3, but not for upgrading.

Will I have to upgarde the phone to 4.x then downgrade it?

I found this page (How to Downgrade Your iPhone 3G[S] from iOS 4 to iOS 3.1.3) detailing the downgrade, but with an updated note to come and look at this website for 3GS users.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Has teh phone been jailbroken? If it has, do you have Cydia? If it does have Cydia, Open it up and tell us what it says on the top of the Cydia screen (it should say something like "SHSH Stored for iPhone 3.1.2, 3.1.3, 4.0, 4.0.1, 4.0.2)

If you have SHSH stored for 3.1.3 then you will be able to upgrade to that version.

No, the phone has not been jailbroken. (I've been tempted to do it to mine, but not the wife's!).

As far as I am aware, the phone has not had a software/firmware update since the day we received it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You can only restore to firmware lower than the current version if you have SHSH stored with Cydia (or locally on your PC by using TinyUmbrella) for that version.

3.1.3 has no extra features above 3.1.2 it would be a total waste of time on you part.

May I ask why you want to upgrade to 3.1.3? In my honest opinion you should upgrade to 4.1 and wait for the next jailbreak to be released.
    If I helped please head on over and smash the Thanks button.

My Personal Cydia source: apt.finalbillybong.com

Thanks for the reply....

Quote Originally Posted by FinalBillybong View Post
    3.1.3 has no extra features above 3.1.2 it would be a total waste of time on you part.

Mayy I ask why you want to upgrade to 3.1.3? In my honest opinion you should upgrade to 4.1 and wait for the next jailbreak to be released.

I'm not going to disagree with that on the basis of features, but we have tried to download some apps (eg BBC News App and a new cookery app) which has given a not-compatible warning - please upgrade to 3.1.3. These apps work fine on my phone (3.1.3, same model, carrier and contract)

Maybe I'll bite the bullet and upgare to 4.1.0 - I jst hear horror stories about how slow it can make the £GS phones

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Ahhhh right I see.

Well, between my family we have a ipt2g, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3Gs and iPhone 4 (mine :-))

The ipt2g and 3G are very slow on 4.x but my wifes 3Gs is only marginally slower than my 4.

Upgrade, I think you'll pleased. :-)

Honestly.
    If I helped please head on over and smash the Thanks button.

My Personal Cydia source: apt.finalbillybong.com