Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Shsh file saved as 3g instead of 3gs

Default Shsh file saved as 3g instead of 3gs
    Hi, I had saved shsh blobs using cydia for OS 4.0.1 Iphone 3gs. But when I ran tiny umbrella, it showed the blobs had been saved for 3g model instead of 3gs. I accidentally updated to 4.1 and now I'm unable to downgrade it. When I select advanced option in tiny umbrella and search for shsh for Iphone 3gs OS 4.0.1, it says no blobs had been saved. But when I made same search keeping Iphone 3g OS 4.0.1, it showed SHSH Blobs. Please help me how to change it to 3gs and downgrade my phone.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to abhijith321 For This Useful Post:

Jklangley (2010-10-02)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

It is neither anyone's fault. At the time of your jailbreaking at 4.0.1, Apple has stopped signing 4.0.1 and that is why Cydia could only save 4.1 shsh blogs for you.
    You can click 3g , Ipod or whatever to be download to your computer. The 3g, 4.0.1 shsh blogs is not yours but somebody who had his saved by himself.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    It is neither anyone's fault. At the time of your jailbreaking at 4.0.1, Apple has stopped signing 4.0.1 and that is why Cydia could only save 4.1 shsh blogs for you.
    You can click 3g , Ipod or whatever to be download to your computer. The 3g, 4.0.1 shsh blogs is not yours but somebody who had his saved by himself.
    Either this, or you put in your ECID correctly, but selected the wrong type of device (say 3G instead of a 3GS). Apple doesn't discriminate: you ask for a blob/device pair they're signing, they'll give it to you, even if they (and we) know full well that ECID is for a 3GS not a 3G.

Or you could have a 3G as opposed to a 3GS--that has happened.

EDIT: On your iPhone, what blobs did your device say it had saved? And what are the three last characters of your iPhone's serial number?

I had saved blobs using cydia app from the device. At that time , 4.0.1 had been saved it had mentioned. My serial no. (last 3 characters) 3NP

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

first 5 starting from the left, not from the right, all digits.

86923 first five digits