Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stuck with Apple ? I need help!!

Default Stuck with Apple ? I need help!!
    I had my iPhone 3gS replaced for a new one fw 4.0.2 ( 8a400) model mc555LL baseband 05.13.04 - my question is : can i jailbreak this ? My previous one was modded all out and i cant stand this naked iPhone. I tried downgrading but i keep getting errors in the 3000 s instead of the 0115. Any help or ideas for me to JB ? Thanks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kungfuseven View Post
    I had my iPhone 3gS replaced for a new one fw 4.0.2 ( 8a400) model mc555LL baseband 05.13.04 - my question is : can i jailbreak this ? My previous one was modded all out and i cant stand this naked iPhone. I tried downgrading but i keep getting errors in the 3000 s instead of the 0115. Any help or ideas for me to JB ? Thanks!
    New iPhone, no (or enormously unlikely) saved SHSH blobs. No saved SHSH blobs, no downgrading the firmware. No downgrading the firmware, no jailbreak (at the moment, SHAtter will fix that).

Sorry man. Hang in there!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Some people (not sure if they're telling the truth tho) have reported being able to pull SHSHs from their "new" device via TinyUmbrella and downgraded. I have a new iP4 with 4.0.2 and tried all I could and couldn't get it done. But hey, it doesn't hurt to try. It's unlikely tho like orbyorb said.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

As far as I know you can't as the ECID is unique to each phone. That is what I understand from trawling through the forums.

Yeah i tried that crap too, i tried the file switchout method with ipsw 4.0.1 and 4.0.2 then used tiny umbrella and tried to restore but no sucess yet. However, tiny umbrella says i have shsh foo 4.1 which is strange since im on 4.0.2 does that mean i should upgrade>>??? I dont want to upgrade from 4.0.2 to anything even higher since the jailbreak is at 4.0.1 keep me posted mates and thanks for the help!!

heres my 3gs info maybe it can be of help for u guys to understand

iPhone 3gS

FW 4.0.2 (8a400)

model mc555ll

modem fw 05.13.04
    Last edited by kungfuseven; 2010-10-02 at 02:08 PM.

Don't upgrade yet if you need the carrier unlock as 4.1 will upgrade the baseband and lock you out if you are not with an official carrier.

Tiny Umbrella says you have 4.1 SHSH blobs because that is the blobs that Apple is currently signing. So you are currently out of luck and will have to wait for the next jailbreak from the dev team. Hang in there. It won't be too long hopefully.

AH CRAP!! OK ILL WAIT I GUESS... CANT CHANGE THE eciD ? :d WOULD BE EASIER JUST TO CHANGE ECID TO SOMEONES ALREADY JB PHONE AND VOILA!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Unfortunately SHSHs are unique to each device, so that can't happen.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kungfuseven View Post
    AH CRAP!! OK ILL WAIT I GUESS... CANT CHANGE THE eciD ? :d WOULD BE EASIER JUST TO CHANGE ECID TO SOMEONES ALREADY JB PHONE AND VOILA!
    More specifically, the Exclusive Chip IDentification (ECID) is a sixteen-digit hexadecimal number set into your phone processor's physical silicon, like a serial number. It cannot be changed.

SHSHs use that number to make each set of blobs unique to that particular ECID. Therefore, using another set of SHSHs is not possible.

Just wait. I know it's hard, but that's all you can do if you want a jailbroken and unlocked device.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

kungfuseven (2010-10-03)