Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3gs on 4.0 with lost passcode

Default 3gs on 4.0 with lost passcode
    I have a 3gs on 4.0 with a lost passcode. It has never been jailbroken. Obviously if I had the passcode I could just go to jailbreakme...

what are my options for jailbreaking it?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Looks like you can only restore to get past the passcode but you won't be able to jailbreak because when you restore you will only be able to get to 4.1, which is not jailbroken.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spaf View Post
    I have a 3gs on 4.0 with a lost passcode. It has never been jailbroken. Obviously if I had the passcode I could just go to jailbreakme...

what are my options for jailbreaking it?
    For some reason I have issues believing you lost the passcode to your own device...

I'll try to assist you if you prove its yours--a picture of the phone's box or receipt with S/N and IMEI showing and the phone with the device connected to iTunes showing the same IMEI and S/N (that should still show if you connect to iTunes), along with your forum nickname on a piece of paper in the picture. To show IMEI in iTunes, click on "Phone Number" once, it'll change from PN to IMEI.

You may post the picture on the forums as a thumbnail, PM it to me, or link it to one of the two places.

EDIT: Cer0's right anyway--it'll need a restore somewhere along the line unless you can come up with the passcode. If you've got SHSH blobs for 4.0.1, restore it to that, otherwise, wait, as 4.1 is currently not jailbreakable with publicly available tools.

PS: Most devices are set to wipe themselves after 10 unsuccessful code entries. Good luck.
    Last edited by Orby; 2010-09-30 at 02:15 AM.

I forgot the passcode because it's been sitting in a drawer ever since I got an iPhone4. I can certainly show you that info but I don't know if that's safe to give out...

I tried the host file edit and use the shift key to try and restore to an old OS but that didn't work. Should it?

Also, I had read that there was a keychain file that I could delete or edit with something like ifunbox but I couldn't find it.

I really just want to use it now as a spare iPod...I guess I don't really even need to jailbreak it, but it seemed like a good idea since jailbreakme works so well. Jailbreakme isn't tethered correct? Is the 4.1 jailbreak likely to be tethered? If they're both tethered then I dont mind going to 4.1 and waiting...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

What have you been doing ? forgot your password, it is only 4 digits...haha,,I have this special talent,if you give me 16 digits to memorize, I can do it and repeat it to you but I am very bad for names..LMAO
    Why don't you restore to 4.0.1 with shsh blogs, so you don't lose your unlock.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-09-30 at 09:20 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    What have you been doing ? forgot your password, it is only 4 digits...haha,,I have this special talent,if you give me 16 digits to memorize, I can do it and repeat it to you but I am very bad for names..LMAO
    Why don't you restore to 4.0.1 with shsh blogs, so you don't lose your unlock.
    Assuming he's got blobs for 4.0.1, but since he said he never jailbroke, it'd be a miracle...

OP, I'd just keep it stuffed in a drawer until SHAtter comes out--I bet that SHAtter/PwnageTool will allow you to restore/use the phone on 4.0.1 jailbroken (or move up to 4.1 and keep your 05.13.04 baseband) and therefore have your jailbreak while remaining unlockable.