Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 3gs 4.1 new bootrom with shsh blobs ... can i jailbreak ?

Default iphone 3gs 4.1 new bootrom with shsh blobs ... can i jailbreak ?
    hi guys ,
    i have iphone 3gs new bootrom 5.14.02
    previously i was on 3.1.3 JBed (spirit) ,
    now i am on iOS 4.1 not JBed ,
    but i had shsh blobs from cydia saved in my pc before upgrading to 4.1 as following :
    http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/9569/explan.jpg

i have tried to create costume firmware using snow breeze 2.0.2 ,then started Tiny umbrella selected 4.1 and started TSS server , restore it ,but i keep getting errors from itunes.

any help appreciated.

Tried that myself. I gave up and went back to 4.0.1

Thanks

You can't use sn0wbreeze with a new bootrom phone, you also have to be already jailbroken to use it. Also You don't need to mess with the host file or tiny umbrella when restoring a custom firmware. Your options are to downgrade to a jailbreakable firmware or wait for a new jailbreak to be released.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Downgrade to 4.0.1 and jailbreak with jailbreakme. Run TSS server while shift+restoring to a stock 4.0.1 ipsw.

quick question, i also have an iphone 3gs, 4.1 05.14.02 firmware, everytime i use tiny umbrella to save the shsh blobs it never reads my device correctly, i always get invalid xxx(xxxx). and i know to do everything i need to have those shsh blobs, any help/ suggestions?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by recklessdrumer03 View Post
    quick question, i also have an iphone 3gs, 4.1 05.14.02 firmware, everytime i use tiny umbrella to save the shsh blobs it never reads my device correctly, i always get invalid xxx(xxxx). and i know to do everything i need to have those shsh blobs, any help/ suggestions?
    Are you using the most current version of TinyUmbrella? I believe it's 4.1.5.

That (INVALID) thing usually happens when the version of TinyUmbrella is outdated or you're running beta firmware (which isn't the case).