Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS w/ New bootrom and on iOS 4.1 w/ baseband 05.14.02

Default iPhone 3GS w/ New bootrom and on iOS 4.1 w/ baseband 05.14.02
    I have read and read and please tell me if i am correct on this..
    Currently there is no way to jailbreak/unlock my iphone 3GS with new bootrom and on iOS 4.1 with bb 05.14.02 and bootloader 6.4... (and no Blobs saved)

My only option steps are to:
    1. Wait for greenpois0n to be released (anyday now?) which allows me to jailbreak
    2. Use fuzzyband to downgrade my baseband from 5.14 to 5.13
    3. use unltrasn0w to unlock?
    Last edited by Joules; 2010-09-28 at 06:00 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Only option one is available for you

I didnt mean to make it seem like i had 3 options.. i meant those to be steps... those steps (1, 2, 3) will not work for me?

Thanks

Fuzzyband only works on 3g but the Baseband for 4.1 on 3g is not downgradable.
    4.1 baseband kills Ultrasn0w to unlock.
    So if you now at 4.1 without shsh blogs, you have to wait for new jailbreak.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

Joules (2010-09-28)

ahh ok thanks.
    Once my 3GS is jailbroken.. how would i get it unlocked? or do i need to wait for a new method for that as well?

Thanks

It may not be Ultrasn0w anymore, the Dev Team ported Ultrasn0w to unlock from 3.0 to 4.0.1 only, then came 4.1 which breaks the Ultrasn0w tool to unlock.
    I don't know what is the next unlock is going to be named.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

Joules (2010-09-28)

Thank you for the help, much more clear to me now!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

It's also unclear if an unlock is in development at this time for the new basebands.

I have an iPhone 3G that was restored and upgraded to 4.1. I was able to downgrade to 3.1.3 at which point I jailbroke my phone using Ultrasn0w. However my baseband is now 05.14.02. Is there ANY possible way for me downgrade my baseband (fuzzyband?)? Also my iPhone apps(games) have been messing up. It'll look like it's about to work just fine, but then my phone will just kick me back to my main screen. Could there be some sort of conflict between my sofrtware and firmware that is causing this?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bobdigi View Post
    I have an iPhone 3G that was restored and upgraded to 4.1. I was able to downgrade to 3.1.3 at which point I jailbroke my phone using Ultrasn0w. However my baseband is now 05.14.02. Is there ANY possible way for me downgrade my baseband (fuzzyband?)? Also my iPhone apps(games) have been messing up. It'll look like it's about to work just fine, but then my phone will just kick me back to my main screen. Could there be some sort of conflict between my sofrtware and firmware that is causing this?
    You cannot downgrade your baseband so you cannot unlock your phone. About crashing of apps, illegal stuffs or piracy is not allowed in this forum.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

bobdigi (2010-09-30)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hi Jules, let me know if u find out something, mt phone has the same specs as yours. f0recast v1.2 says, that it is unlockable & Jailbreakable only with SHSH blobs, which I don't have.

The only option is to wait for greenpois0n, then wait some more for an unlock to be released.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Joules For This Useful Post:

agmi (2010-10-03)

New here, just wanted to express my appreciation for all the info I've gotten here. Waiting on greenpois0n myself for a recently acquired (cheap) 16G 3GS on 4.1

Thanks again guys!