Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downrgade 3GS from 4.1 to 3.2

Ahhh Hacktivation issue. Do you have an AT&T simcard that you can use to activate the phone? Once activated, you can then JB and install ultrasn0w.

If this is not possible, then your only choice is to downgrade to version 3.1.2 and below coz that's the lowest firmware that can be hacktivated such as by blackra1n.

Default Upgraded to ios 4.1 iphone 3g via itunes
    need big help here.....

me n my gx didnt intentionally auto updated via itune 10, but we did hiks :-( n now our iphone 3G got 4.1 n locked, NEVER BACK UP AND HAVENT SEND THE BLOPS :-(

after i read n follow all the steps using snowbreeze 2.02 trying to re install with custom fware 4.1, still locked, and i found that it just couldnt be broken upto present, am i rite? hiks :-((

but still, after snowbreezing of our 2 iphone 3g, we found a bit different.
    here the "ABOUT" data

mine...
    VERSION : 4.1 8B117
    BB: 05.14.02
    CARRIER : TELKOMSEL (MY PROVIDER HAS BEEN DETECTED, BUT NO SIGNAL)

my gf....
    VERSION : 4.1 8B117 >>>>> the same with me
    BB: 05.14.02 >>>>>> same with me
    CARRIER : CARRIER 8.0 >>>>>>> DIFFERENT WITH ME ???????

so anyone could help me? or i just sit n wait for the upcoming breaking?

thanks in advanced

cheers
    Last edited by Lord_saputra; 2010-10-01 at 10:44 PM. Reason: couldnt

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lord_saputra For This Useful Post:

Bikemick (2010-10-02)

If you are using a 3G, you should be able to downgrade but you will not be able to unlock since your baseband has been upgraded.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to azraeil For This Useful Post:

Lord_saputra (2010-10-02)

Quote Originally Posted by azraeil View Post
    If you are using a 3G, you should be able to downgrade but you will not be able to unlock since your baseband has been upgraded.
    hiks
    :-((

thanks for ur time to reply mine

so i should sit nice n wait....

btw wat happened to my iphone? it can detect my simcard provider, but my gf cannot detect, we r using same method snowbreezing n same firmware, same baseband?
    Last edited by Lord_saputra; 2010-10-02 at 05:27 AM. Reason: add

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_saputra View Post
    hiks

thanks for ur time to reply mine

so i should sit nice n wait....

btw wat happened to my iphone? it can detect my simcard provider, but my gf cannot detect, we r using same method snowbreezing n same firmware, same baseband?
    I think your iphone is with official carrier, restore to snowbreeze without activating it.
    You can try this, just restore to official 4.1 and no jailbreak, you should have signal and if you want to jailbreak, use Redsn0w 0.9.6b1 (Mac only) to jailbreak at 4.1, then you will be jailbroken and still get signal.

As for your girlfriend, her phone is not from the official carrier, she can only jailbreak but N0 unlock.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-10-02 at 09:34 PM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

doryoku (2010-10-02), Lord_saputra (2010-10-03)

Yeah, yeow is right. Telekomsel is the official iPhone provider in Indonesia so if you're setting up sn0wbreeze, you should set-it up without activation (as the phone will look for Telekomsel simcard to activate automaticallly).

I am a bit surprised though coz I would have thought that Indonesia would be selling Factory Unlocked iPhone just like Malaysia/Singapore.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to azraeil For This Useful Post:

Lord_saputra (2010-10-03)

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    I think your iphone is with official carrier, restore to snowbreeze without activating it.
    You can try this, just restore to official 4.1 and no jailbreak, you should have signal and if you want to jailbreak, use Redsn0w 0.9.6b1 (Mac only) to jailbreak at 4.1, then you will be jailbroken and still get signal.

As for your girlfriend, her phone is not from the official carrier, she can only jailbreak but N0 unlock.
    Yeah, yeow is right. Telekomsel is the official iPhone provider in Indonesia so if you're setting up sn0wbreeze, you should set-it up without activation (as the phone will look for Telekomsel simcard to activate automaticallly).

I am a bit surprised though coz I would have thought that Indonesia would be selling Factory Unlocked iPhone just like Malaysia/Singapore.
    so, if im not mistaken taking these conclusion, would be just go to the TELKOMSEL and ask them to provide the simcard and my iphone would be activated n ready to use? same as well to my gf iphone?
    thanks 4 all ur advises.
    cheers

The question then is, Did you buy the iPhone from Telekomsel? If you did, then yeah ... just go to TelekomSel and request a SimCard and you should be able to activate the iPhone.

What SimCard are you using now?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to azraeil For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

No problem , you are welcome.

i didnt bro :-p

first i bought both unlock iphone 3g jailbreak inside (ex AT&T), but we did wrong by updating auto via itune 10, and now we cant use both the iphone.

when i start using the snowbreez, i bought a new simcard (TELKOMSEL-WITHOUT BUNDLING THE IPHONE PACKAGE, ONLY A COMMON TELKOMSEL SIMCARD, WITHOUT ANY ACTIVATION, SINCE IPHONE IS SELLING BY BUNDLING WITH TELKOMSEL PROVIDER IN INDONESIA) and trying to activated via snowbreeze. but my gF using other carrier, 3 INDONESIA. after successfully snowbreezing, my iphone may detect the carrier (TELKOMSEL) but no signal, and my gf may not detect the carrier (3 indonesia)
    Last edited by Lord_saputra; 2010-10-03 at 07:34 AM. Reason: GS-GF

Lord saputra .... if it was AT&T before and you have upgraded to 4.1, then you're out of luck. The baseband has been upgraded and there is currently no unlock at the moment (ultrasn0w will not work with the new baseband).

You need to wait for the unlock (which is probably going to be a long time as mentioned by the dev team).

18. The Following User Says Thank You to azraeil For This Useful Post:

Lord saputra .... if it was AT&T before and you have upgraded to 4.1, then you're out of luck. The baseband has been upgraded and there is currently no unlock at the moment (ultrasn0w will not work with the new baseband).

You need to wait for the unlock (which is probably going to be a long time as mentioned by the dev team).
    yeah
    poor me coz of my stupidity....

thanks lot for ur help n time. :-)
    appreciated dat much.........

No problem. We are all here to help.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to azraeil For This Useful Post:

hi, i have a 3gs with old bootrom and yesterday upgraded from 3.1.3 jailbroken with spirit (blobs saved on my HDD from before i jailbroke), to 4.1 which i tried jailbreaking with ultrasnow but failed. so my question is can i go back down to 3.1.3 and just use spirit again?

Jailbreak with ultrasnow? Ultrasnow is for unlocking.

What are you jailbroken with at 4.1? Are you even jailbroken? What's your baseband (modem firmware)?

If you upgraded to standard 4.1 firmware from apple then you can downgrade and rejailbreak but you aren't going to be able to unlock it again until a new unlock comes out (and apparently no one is even working on it at present so it could be quite a wait).

snowbreeze sorry. and im not jailbroken on 4.1, i created my custom IOS with snowbreeze and then tried restoring my phone to it but kept getting error 1600 (think it was this) so im just on standard 4.1 atm. how can i find out my modem firmware?
    im not bothered about unlocking it, just wanna jailbreak.

ive just tried doing this:
    4. Add a line at the bottom of the host file with this information
    127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com

and its saying i cant save it :S even though im admin on the comp

OK, I can talk you through it, but before we start, can you go to settings>general>about and confirm the "Version" (which is your current firmware) and your "Modem Firmware" (which is your baseband)

version is 4.1 (8B117)
    modem firmware 05.14.02

Yes, that confirms you are on stock 4.1

Download tiny umbrella from here:

The Firmware Umbrella

Now, plug in your phone and start tiny umbrella. Go to advanced options and select 3GS 3.1.2 from the drop down. Hit Save my SHSH (from Cydia) and see what it says. Now move on to 3.1.3, 4.0, 4.0.1 and 4.0.2 to see which ones you've got.

Depending on which ones you've got, and which firmware you want to be on we should be able to do just about anything since an unlock is not important.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast