Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downrgade 3GS from 4.1 to 3.2

Let us know the results.

Thanks

NO dice for me...I may have done somethng wrong, If out of ideas I will go to at&t tomarrow and see if they can sync my contacts, they where able to for my wife's phone. Still I am stoked about everything else working.

maybe I didn't hit the shift when restoring the second time, idk it is late I can try again later.
    Last edited by KingDan; 2010-09-29 at 07:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    In ancient China there is a legend that one day a child will be born from a dragon, grow to be a man, and vanquish evil from the land. That man is not Chuck Norris, because Chuck Norris killed that man.

What I think happened is that once you set it up as a new iPhone after the downgrade, then the original backup most likely was overwritten with the new iPhone settings.

In Mac, you can actually go into the Time Machine and restore the old backup file. Not sure how you do it in Windows.

hey Slv....

I had the error too..the 3003..i think I press the both button and i unpluck my phone from Iphone from itune...then it worksss..lol

OK boys i think im up a you know what creek with out a paddle wife plug my iphone 3gs into the computer. she didn't realize that when it said update available was for the phone and not itunes

Ive now been upgraded to the latest B/B is there anyway to go back i have all my shsh files saved. i need the jail break because i left canada. and moved to Europe any help would be greatly appreciated

Follow Post # 3 on this thread to downgrade.

Is your phone Factory Unlocked? If not and since the baseband has been upgraded, you will be able to Jailbreak but you won't be able to unlock.

not factory unlocked i need the jailbreak

i did follow post 3 got it back to 312
    Last edited by 3dslinky; 2010-09-29 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

No biggie I am gonna see if I can use my tmo sim to get my contacts from.

3dslinky, glad to hear that you managed to downgrade to 3.1.2

but im still stuck on the new baseband

Default uh?
    i saved the shsh for my g/fs phone(3gs 3.1.3)in cydia because its gonna make my life easier... but mr tiny umbrella cant find it WTF am i supposed to do now? plz help.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to londen1k For This Useful Post:

Bikemick (2010-10-02)

Quote Originally Posted by 3dslinky View Post
    but im still stuck on the new baseband
    Nothing much we can do until the dev team comes out with an unlock.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to azraeil For This Useful Post:

Bikemick (2010-10-02)

Quote Originally Posted by londen1k View Post
    i saved the shsh for my g/fs phone(3gs 3.1.3)in cydia because its gonna make my life easier... but mr tiny umbrella cant find it WTF am i supposed to do now? plz help.
    You can only save the SHSH file that is currently being signed by apple (4.1), so unless you hit make my life easier before Jun this year then you won't have it.

What does cydia say you have?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eyeRobot For This Useful Post:

Bikemick (2010-10-02), Lee_666 (2010-10-06)

Quick question- bought iPhone in the states (ebay) and then moved to Malaysia. Just downgraded the phone so I could jailbreak/unlock it, but now its telling me I that the SIM card I inserted (from my malaysian carrier)does not appear to be valid. Am I screwed?

thx

M.
    Last edited by mmignatti; 2010-09-30 at 03:50 PM.

What was the firmware that you downgraded from? Was it 4.1?

I downgraded from 4.0.2 to 4.0.1.

Another questions- can I unlock with the new bootrom? this one appears to have the old bootrom, but I also got a phone for the wife and it has the new bootrom.

thanks!

M.

If you were on 4.0.2, and now on 4.0.1 jailbroken, then you just need to install ultrasn0w to unlock the phone. Add repo666.ultrasn0w.com as a source in Cydia and install ultrasn0w and enjoy. So which carrier are you using in Malaysia? Maxis, Digi or Celcom?
    Last edited by azraeil; 2010-09-30 at 06:17 PM.

ok heres the whole story. the iphone was running 3.1.3 never jailbroken. i jailbroke it using spirit went into cydia clicked make my life easier (didnt use tiny umbrella to save shsh)then installed ultrasn0w went to restart phone and it got stuck on apple logo. had to restore. when i look for it in tiny umbrella it says theres no shsh file for that phone. in cydia. i need to downgrade because it has to be unlocked for tmobile. i have my iphone its 3gs running 3.1.2 (didnt bother to upgrade) jailbroken and unlocked. i used tiny umbrella to save my shsh and it does say i have it. so my question i guess is if cydia didnt save my shsh for the second phone can i use my other iphones shsh or am i just screwed and stuck with the 4.1 that i never wanted anyway.....

Quote Originally Posted by westonben View Post
    You can only save the SHSH file that is currently being signed by apple (4.1), so unless you hit make my life easier before Jun this year then you won't have it.

What does cydia say you have?
    I save the shsh for MY iphone 3gs on 3.1.2 yesterday and it says its there....
    Last edited by londen1k; 2010-09-30 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

22. The Following User Says Thank You to londen1k For This Useful Post:

Bikemick (2010-10-02)

Shsh are phone specific so you will need to wait for the new jb.
    1slyguy

My carrier will be Digi. I think I need to clarify my problem- I cannot activate the phone after I downgraded to 4.0.1, so I can't get into Cydia. Is there a way around this?

Thanx
    M.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast