Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New 3GS 4.0.2 with no SHSH

Default New 3GS 4.0.2 with no SHSH
    Is there anything I can do with the iPhone in order to unlock and jailbreak? I've read many posts and guides but still not 100% sure. This is the first iPhone on my computer.

thanks!

Daniel.
    Last edited by DaMn24; 2010-09-26 at 08:00 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DaMn24 For This Useful Post:

donavan123 (2010-09-30)

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

There is nothing you can do on 4.0.2 right now. You have no SHSHs to downgrade to 4.0.1 to jb, that's why.

Did you try the firmware umbrella and click advance settings point to cydia to check for shsh saved?If not try it many 3GS phones never j/b have them saved.If it's says 4.0.1 you can downgrade and j/b!
    1Slyguy

I had my iPhone 3gS replaced for a new one fw 4.0.2 ( 8a400) model mc555LL baseband 05.13.04 - my question is : can i jailbreak this ? My previous one was modded all out and i cant stand this naked iPhone. I tried downgrading but i keep getting errors in the 3000 s instead of the 0115. Any help or ideas for me to JB ? Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kungfuseven View Post
    I had my iPhone 3gS replaced for a new one fw 4.0.2 ( 8a400) model mc555LL baseband 05.13.04 - my question is : can i jailbreak this ? My previous one was modded all out and i cant stand this naked iPhone. I tried downgrading but i keep getting errors in the 3000 s instead of the 0115. Any help or ideas for me to JB ? Thanks!
    You need 4.0.1 shsh blogs to downgrade in order to jailbreak. Download tiny Umbrella to check if you have one is your very first step into jailbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    you need 4.0.1 shsh blogs to downgrade in order to jailbreak. Download tiny umbrella to check if you have one is your very first step into jailbreaking.

how can i have shsh blobs if i have not jailbroken this phone before ?? Its on 4.0.2 and all i want is any method to downgrade to 4.0.1 or a 4.0.2 jailbreak that works. If anybody can help please let me kn0w!! Heres my phone info

fw version 4.0.2 (8a400)

model mc555ll

modem firmware 05.13.04

is it possible to downgrade with what i got or jailbreak?? Thats my question and subsequently how to thanks guys and im waiting for any response! Help me out please!!

If you have never jailbroken the phone before, it is unlikely that you have the necessary SHSHs blobs (4.0.1 and below) to downgrade.

THEREFORE, you are stuck with 4.0.2 at the moment until the dev-team comes out with another Jailbreak (for the 4.1).

Hope this is clear enough for you.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I don't get why all these new threads are started. There's a whole page of people with 3GS' on 4.0.2/4.1 asking if they can jailbreak and it's the exact same answers in all the threads.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

Where can I download tiny umbrella?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    I don't get why all these new threads are started. There's a whole page of people with 3GS' on 4.0.2/4.1 asking if they can jailbreak and it's the exact same answers in all the threads.
    Cuz nobody knows how to use Google or the search function in MMi. Don't you know, it's the most difficult thing to do in the world.

Guess we gotta wait on greenp0ison jb for 4.1 then!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    Cuz nobody knows how to use Google or the search function in MMi. Don't you know, it's the most difficult thing to do in the world.
    Well, it sure looks like that's the case
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to dhamien For This Useful Post:

kungfuseven (2010-10-03)

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    And it appears the mods do not try to keep the new threads organized. It seems every day someone is posting ipod or ipad questions in the iphone specific forum. Is it really that hard for people to use the right subcategory?

Why dont u be a moderator then? Not everyone is a savvy tech master some of us are lammers too einstein just looking for help. The question was particular to my case, and no one feels like digging through a thousand pages just to be in an already done post abt some issue that just happens to have the words iphone,unlock or ipad. Read the first question again maybe ull ragain a sense of direction. Obviously here theres no help from u guys coz instead of criticizing u could offer a solution .

17. The Following User Says Thank You to kungfuseven For This Useful Post:

juanyboy29 (2010-10-05)

The Firmware Umbrella
    Click advanced,request from cydia,save shsh,then display shsh.If its says 4.0.1 or under you can j/b.If not you have to wait for a new j/b.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to 1slyguy For This Useful Post:

kungfuseven (2010-10-05)

Thanks i already did it showed 4.1 (although im at 4.0.2) so i already know i gotta wait for greenp0ison thank you though!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to kungfuseven For This Useful Post:

juanyboy29 (2010-10-05)

Hi, my name is Ace & I just recently bought an iPhone 3gs, but I didn't know anything about saving shsh blobs...should I just go 2 AT&T, or is there a way I can still b on T-mobile. The phone has 4.0.2 firmware...am I screwed?

Quote Originally Posted by juanyboy29 View Post
    Hi, my name is Ace & I just recently bought an iPhone 3gs, but I didn't know anything about saving shsh blobs...should I just go 2 AT&T, or is there a way I can still b on T-mobile. The phone has 4.0.2 firmware...am I screwed?
    Download tiny umbrella then run it and and check the box that reads Advanced then put cydia on box and select the version u have now. If anything lower than 4.0.2 pops up ure good to downgrade and jailbreak if higher then ur screwed until the next jailbreak is released. Do not update bcoz theres no jailbreak yet for 4.1 neither for 4.0.2 do stay where ur at. Keep searching daily for greenpoison it should be out soon. Im in the same situation as u are. Good luck.

Why dont u be a moderator then? Not everyone is a savvy tech master some of us are lammers too einstein just looking for help. The question was particular to my case, and no one feels like digging through a thousand pages just to be in an already done post abt some issue that just happens to have the words iphone,unlock or ipad. Read the first question again maybe ull ragain a sense of direction. Obviously here theres no help from u guys coz instead of criticizing u could offer a solution .
    My post had nothing to do with you asking a question in this post.
    And there would not be a thousand pages if people would read the stickies and search before posting a common question.
    How many times does it need to be asked in a new thread if a new firmware can be jailbreaked?

25. The Following User Says Thank You to TBSS For This Useful Post:

kungfuseven (2010-10-06)

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Why dont u be a moderator then? Not everyone is a savvy tech master some of us are lammers too einstein just looking for help. The question was particular to my case, and no one feels like digging through a thousand pages just to be in an already done post abt some issue that just happens to have the words iphone,unlock or ipad. Read the first question again maybe ull ragain a sense of dirEection. Obviously here theres no help from u guys coz instead of criticizing u could offer a solution .
    There's plenty of help. I've created a guide for users who are new to the iPhone scene (and even iPod Touch users) to understand whether they can jailbreak and unlock or not and whether SHSHs are needed to do so for each device.

It's stickied in the JB section

That's why mods sticky useful things, so it can make your lives easier. If more people read the stickies, the whole "can I jailbreak and unlock" thing would be next to none on these forums.

Unfortunately, even when I took my time to write up such a guide, people still neglect to read it then come and get mad when veteran users like us tell you to search yourselves.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

juanyboy29 (2010-10-05), kungfuseven (2010-10-06)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast