Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrading 3gs Still new to this

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Downgrading 3gs Still new to this
    3gs 32GB MB(Old Bootrom). I used to be running 3.1.3 Spirit Jbreak and felt it was time to upgrade to 4.0 or 4.0.1. Tried to run Spirit2Pwn and sn0wbreeze and could NOT get reception for the life of me so I had to update and restore factory settings...now running 4.1 and to say the least, I really do not like it.

1) I know I need to check the SHSH blobs via TinyUmbrella but what are the chances cydia still has them?
    2) *Crossing fingers* IF they are there, how hard is it to downgrade from 4.1 to 4.0/4.0.1?
    3)Is it worth the hassle?

Thank you for your time and any information you can spare!
    -From 1 Newb to someone who has done this before.-

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

At the moment, you can downgrade easily if you have the shsh blogs and then jailbreak but you will not be able to unlock.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

Drizzy_Dizzy (2010-09-25), Krush87 (2010-09-24)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Excellent! No need to unlock I'm on AT&T. You have any words of wisdom so I don't brick the phone? Got kinda spooked last time when I couldn't get reception trying to upgrade the jailbreak.

Thank you!

I do have SHSH blobs saved! W00H0000! Now for the next step...Can I download any 3.1.3 firmware or is there a special MB version of it?
    Last edited by Krush87; 2010-09-24 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Im On The Same Boat I Just Didnt Up Date it To 4.1,its Just In A Re-Loop Of The Apple Logo I 2 Have My SHSH BloBs and im on 3.1.3

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    At the moment, you can downgrade easily if you have the shsh blogs and then jailbreak but you will not be able to unlock.
    How Can i Do This,i too have my SHSH explain Plz SnowBreeze is Not Working for me,Should i use the 3g firmware in stead of 3GS cus on the forecast it says i have a 3G????

Last edited by Drizzy_Dizzy; 2010-09-25 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Krush87 View Post
    Excellent! No need to unlock I'm on AT&T. You have any words of wisdom so I don't brick the phone? Got kinda spooked last time when I couldn't get reception trying to upgrade the jailbreak.

Thank you!

I do have SHSH blobs saved! W00H0000! Now for the next step...Can I download any 3.1.3 firmware or is there a special MB version of it?
    Yes, you can downgrade to 3.1.3 if you have shsh blogs.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

Krush87 (2010-10-01)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Downgrade iOS 4.1 to iOS 4.0 / 3.1.3 / 3.1.2 iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G and iPod touch [How to Guide] | Redmond Pie

Shows how to go from 4.1 to 3.1.3 which is what I want but not quite sure if this guide will brick my phone with the MB 3gs model. I wouldn't skip step 3 obviously but is this guide correct and accurate for my phone?

Thank You!!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Just curious, are you basing your boot version by MB vs MC? On a 3GS that's not how it works. I feel like that's why your attempt with sn0wbreeze failed. I could be wrong but I do know you'd have to check the boot version in a different way.

But hey, you've got your SHSHs so shift+restore to a stock version of whatever fw you're wanting to go to with TinyUmbrella's TSS server running. Kick the phone out of recovery mode at the end of the restore with TinyUmbrella.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    359.3....Old Bootrom via DFU mode. Awesome so just download 3.1.3 stock firmware and shift+click restore it and that's it?
    Just to get this straight.
    1) Restore Mode
    2) Download 3gs oldbootrom MB 3.1.3 fw
    3)TinyUmbrella TSS server up and running
    4)Shift+Click Restore in itunes.

All sound correct??

Thank You for your help! Slowly getting past the newb iphone stage haha.

I guess my biggest question is...are all 3.1.3 firmwares the same or are their different ones for the mb old bootrom 3gs?
    Last edited by Krush87; 2010-10-01 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

It doesn't matter if your device is MB or MC. the firmware just has to be for the 3GS. It can't be for the 3G, it can't be for the 4, it just has to be for the 3GS.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

Krush87 (2010-10-01)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Excellent! Alright well I found 2 sites and they both say different things to do...
    Redmondpie says to go into the notepad and change the last line while iphoneheat says to open tinyumbrella and start tss servers. I already changed the last line in notepad so I'm guessing I'll just go with that way. Hope it works. Here are links to both.
    Downgrade iOS 4.1 to 4.0.1 / 4.0 / 3.1.x (iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G and iPod Touch) | iPhoneHeat

Downgrade iOS 4.1 to iOS 4.0 / 3.1.3 / 3.1.2 iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G and iPod touch [How to Guide] | Redmond Pie

Going the redmondpie route, hopefully it works...

I backed up my phone before I did it but is there anyway to get all my old information back? The error says I can't because the firmware is too old.

Maybe download an older version of iTunes?
    But won't that erase my backup?

If I try to get it back to 4.1 again it says "It is unavailable at this time" which means my itunes isn't up to date...but if I download a new itunes my backup will be erased....

Please don't tell me I'm sunk...
    Last edited by Krush87; 2010-10-02 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Um yeah you won't be able to restore from back up. 3.1.x data won't restore into 4.x and vice versa.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

Krush87 (2010-10-02)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Forget it then! Bah. Never should have tried to upgrade the Jbreak in the first place. Now I'm stuck with a plain boring iPhone.

=( Thank you all for your help.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

:/ did you not get it to 4.0 and jailbreak? The only thing I see you couldn't do was restore from back up, which nobody should do anyway. Always set up as new.

Default Unlocking after downgrade/
    I downgraded from 4.1 to 4.0.1 and its not letting me unlock after the jailbreak. is there anyway to unlock??

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

If you were at 4.1, your baseband was upgraded so you can't unlock anymore.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    True I guess I could do that, but then I couldn't get my pictures and phonebook imported...

Unless there is something I'm missing. Which I wouldn't be surprised if there was

Just going to wait for greenp0ison in the next few days or so
    Last edited by Krush87; 2010-10-02 at 05:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Krush87 For This Useful Post:

Julio1971 (2010-10-02)