Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question about uploading SHSH blog to Saurik server

Default Question about uploading SHSH blog to Saurik server
    I had accidentally upgraded to 4.1. However, before that even occurred, I had jailbreaken my iPhone with 4.0/4.0.1 installed at the time. In Cydia, I clicked on "My my life easier."

Knowing what I know know, you can't downgrade from 4.1 unless you saved your SHSH blogs with Saurik's server. However, my question is when you click on "My my life easier" you are uploading your SHSH blogs to Saurik's server, that is what you're told. So when I try to downgrade from 4.1, it says in Umbrella that my blobs are not available.

Can someone tell me that when you jailbreak the first time and click "My life easy," does that upload your SHSH blog onto Saurik's server or you have to upload manual with Umbrella?
    Last edited by Pomum Granatus; 2010-09-23 at 09:02 PM. Reason: change heading

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pomum Granatus For This Useful Post:

Julio1971 (2010-09-24)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Your SHSH blobs aren't uploaded to Saurik's server as such. He requests them from Apple on your behalf. It doesn't matter which firmware is installed on your phone at the time. All that matters is which firmware Apple is signing. If you clicked that button in Cydia before August 19th, then your 4.0.1 SHSH is likely on the server. If you clicked it after, there is no chance that they're stored, no matter which version your phone was on.

TinyUmbrella simply downloads the stored SHSHs from Cydia's server. It never uploads anything. To check if you have any SHSHs that are worth anything jailbreak-wise, ask for your 4.0.1 SHSH with Cydia selected as the source. If it fails, then unfortunately you'll have to wait for the next jailbreak to released. If it's successful, you can downgrade to that version and jailbreak with jailbreakme.com
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

"August 19!?"

Hmm...I guess I missed the deadline because I jailbroke a little before last week. No wonder you get the message in Umbrella saying, "You're too late..."

Guess I have to wait until the Dev team comes out with the 4.1 Bootrom jailbreak.

With Apple, you never "truly" own that which you own. The thought of someone placing restrictions of what I can or cannot do with my property is a unsettling thought.

That cleared it up, thanks.