Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS TinyUmbrella problem

iPhone? More like MyPhone l-awstraljan's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 3GS TinyUmbrella problem
    Hi guys. I got my friends 3Gs and he's got a problem.

He went into settings and erased settings, and when it rebooted it got stuck on the apple logo so we put it in DFU mode, but when I enter TinyUmbrella it doesn't detect the iPhone anymore. How can I figure out how to get my ECIDS so I can downgrade to 4.0.1 again? Thanks (yes it does have 4.0.1 shsh blobs)

Tried it in recovery mode? I'm sure I've got mine in DFU before though....

You can always edit your hosts file to point to sauriks server rather than use tinyumbrella and restore that way.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

In TU with phone plugged in, select "advanced options" then select the device and fw version you wish to pull SHSHs from the phone (such as if he's got 4.0 or 4.0.1, select the right one for iPhone 3GS). Click "save SHSHs" after, and if the SHSHs are indeed saved in Cydia, it should be pulled into TU and tell you in the log. Double check to see by clicking "display SHSH". if successful, meaning the SHSHs are there, click the "TSS server". Then go to iTunes and set the phone in DFU and shift+restore to the stock version of that fw you're trying to restore to.

You should then be able to restore.

Problem is he can't use TU as it's not detecting his phone.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Ooooh I missed that little part. Well putting it in DFU mode won't help. It might pick up the phone but won't be able to get the SHSHs into TU unless they're already in there.

I'm guessing after the reset it's stuck at the apple logo. If the SHSHs are in Cydia then the restore should be fine to 4.0.1 when running the TSS server even without it detecting the phone? Am I correct?
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-09-23 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone l-awstraljan's Avatar
    Thanks

What? I found my ECID from USBview, problem is it's not in SHSH code, how do I convert ECID into SHSH code? I want to manually type it in and start TSS server.

Nevermind, found out you dont need to convert ECID. Thanks a heap guys
    Last edited by l-awstraljan; 2010-09-23 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost