Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Shsh blobs?

Default Shsh blobs?
    hey guys
    I have an iphone 3gs 3.1.3 old bootrom jailbroken with Spirit. How would I download the SHSH blobs so i can update to 4.1 and then jailbreak with sn0wbreeze that comes out on wednesday. Also what blobs would i save that i dont understand.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

You cant load a custom ipsw onto a iphone jailbroken with spirit (although there is a hack called spirit2pwn in cydia that you can google to allow it but I cant link to it here). Unless ih8sn0w has found a way around that.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers32 View Post
    hey guys
    I have an iphone 3gs 3.1.3 old bootrom jailbroken with Spirit. How would I download the SHSH blobs so i can update to 4.1 and then jailbreak with sn0wbreeze that comes out on wednesday. Also what blobs would i save that i dont understand.
    Thanks
    Don't bother about shsh blogs, Snice you have used Spirit you have to install Spirit2pwn from Cydia to make it compatible to use custom firmware. You have to add a repo in in order to do that. When Snowbreeze for 4.1 comes out, put your iphone into recovery mode and restore to custom firmware.

So once I instal spirit2pwn then I have a custom firmware? So how would I transfer that custom firmware to my pc?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Once you have installed Spirit2pwn, make sure you reboot your iphone and then put your iphone into Recovery mode and do the Shift + Restore to custom Firmware.
    From now on and for future restore, if you want to use custom firmware, do not restore to Stock Firmware.

So this enables you to use a firmware such as 4.0 or 4.0.1 on flexbin? Then press shift +restore?
    How do I get the custom firmware though? That's what I'm totally lost about. But thanks for helping me you're very kind

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers32 View Post
    So this enables you to use a firmware such as 4.0 or 4.0.1 on flexbin? Then press shift +restore?
    How do I get the custom firmware though? That's what I'm totally lost about. But thanks for helping me you're very kind
    A program such as sn0wbreeze or Pwnagetool will take a stock IPSW firmware file from Apple and make a custom jailbroken firmware for you based on your specifications. You'll then take that custom IPSW and restore it to your 3GS through iTunes (only after the iPhone is fully backed up, has ran Spirit2Pwn, and is connected to iTunes in Recovery mode).