Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please help restore 3gs

Question Please help restore 3gs
    PLEASE your help is appreciated - i have 3gs ver 3.1.2 i did shsh backup using umbrella for some stupid reason in umbrella pull down request version was in: iphone 3gs 4.1 so when save to desktop now the save shsh shows as 4.1 which does not make since - and prior of doing that cydia shows on the top TSS pending request.

I did the stupid reset\erase all content and my iphone stuck on apple log and rebooting after 10 min for 24 hours now

i have not updated to any ver so iphone remain at 3.1.2 baseband 5.11.07 but wont boot stuck on apple logo and the umbrella saved the wrong shsh

any hope i just want to restore to the same version NOT downgrading itune only want me tp update 4.1 ???? please please any information is appriciated !!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to agitcom For This Useful Post:

Jumpee (2010-09-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Did you check with tiny umbrellla what other shsh blogs you have with Cydia. You can only restore to the firmware if you have shsh blogs.

i searched with tiny umbrella using my 3gs ECID the only one found is 4.1 however just before i did the erase all content in setting \general\reset i JB on thursday and cydia did show on the top TSS pending request. note i've never updated my 3gs past 3.1.2

your time is appreciated and thank u

Any hope PLEASE !!!!!!!

Thanks

Eventhough you have not updated past 3.1.2, if you allow Cydia to save your shsh blogs, all future shsh blogs will be saved too. You should check with Tiny Umbrella, click Advance tab and hightlight Device/Version of shsh blogs, request from Cydia not Apple and click Save shsh then Display shsh to see after the query.

thank you so much for your time i dId tiny umbrellan that what i get cus my iphone 3gs in apple icon mode 09/20/2010 19:33:29.495 Recovery Device Detected - iDevice:5K --- and nothing happen

pleaSE AND THANK YOU

09/20/2010 19:35:12.347 This device isn't eligible for the requested build
    Last edited by agitcom; 2010-09-21 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

If you have click Yes, make my life easier when you first open up Cydia, you should have all the future shsh.
    To do the restore you have to point your host file to Cydia.
    Run Notepad as Admin for Vista/Win7 and open up cwindows\system32\Drivers\etc\hosts and add only this line :

74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    save it and reboots
    Then do the Shift + Restore to the ipsw that correspond to whatever shsh blogs you have