Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Down grade from 4.1 to 4.0 iPhone 3GS

When is coming new jailbrack for 0s 4.1 on jailbrackme.com ?

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vporter View Post
    Thank you azraeil but I think I'm out of luck. I didn't jailbreak my phone before so there's no blobs for me to get

This is an odd question but what if I have a back up on another computer that this phone was synced to back in November last year. Is there anyway to work with that and downgrade?
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Sames View Post
    When is coming new jailbrack for 0s 4.1 on jailbrackme.com ?
    Soon.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBloxxer View Post
    Ipod 3rd generation
    You are stuck for now.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

I need to know if there is a way to downgrade my iPhone 4 from 4.1 to 4.0 or did I just waste my money buying this?

hey i have an iphone 3gs on 4.0.2/ 5.13.04 amd i would like to downgrade it to 4.0.1. If anyone could help I would really appreciate it...

Quote Originally Posted by talleyboy58 View Post
    I need to know if there is a way to downgrade my iPhone 4 from 4.1 to 4.0 or did I just waste my money buying this?
    You didn't waste your money because you can always sell it on to someone who wants to use it on the official carrier. Check Azraeil's post above for possibilities to downgrade, but you still won't be able to unlock.

Quote Originally Posted by theworldbanco View Post
    hey i have an iphone 3gs on 4.0.2/ 5.13.04 amd i would like to downgrade it to 4.0.1. If anyone could help I would really appreciate it...

Also check Azraeil's post above on downgrading.
    Last edited by eyeRobot; 2010-09-23 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I am in a similar position. I have an iphone 3gs on ios 4.1, firmware 05.14.02, and the new bootrom. From what I understand, the firmware prevents me from unlocking the iphone, However, I would still like to downgrade it and jailbreak it. I checked tinyumbrella, and it says it has a 4.0 and a 4.0.1 blob on file.

I was about to try to use pwnagetool to make a custom firmware, but have read it does not work with the new bootrom. Is that correct? How would I downgrade an iphone with a new bootrom?

You just need to download the stock firmware from apple for 4.0/4.0.1, put your phone in dfu mode and start the TSS server in tiny umbrella. Start iTunes, hold shift and click restore. Select the firmware you just downloaded and let itunes do its thing. You'll get an error message towards the end. Hit the kick device out of recovery in tinyumbrella.

If you have SHSHs blobs saved for 4.0/4.0.1 then you should be able to downgrade using the local server method or by pointing the host file to cydia.

Local server method (I don't know why but this is my preferred method, others will have their own preferences)

1. Download TinyUmbrella The Firmware Umbrella
    2. Extract the SHSHs from Cydia - Connect your iPhone, run TU -- clicked on Advance -- Select the SHSHs from Cydia that you want to save to your local machine -- select Cydia as the Repo -- Click Saved my SHSHs
    3. If you have the SHSH stored, then it will extract it from Cydia and save it in /Documents and Settings/user x/.shsh folder.
    4. You need to edit the host file now
    5. Add this line to your host file 127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com
    6. Save
    7. Exit Skype or anything that is using Port 80 (a proxy server for example)
    8. Click on start TSS Server
    9. Run iTunes
    10. Put your iPhone in DFU mode
    11. iTunes will say that it has found an iPhone in recovery mode
    12. Press Shift and click on restore
    13. Point to the stock 4.0 firmware (you can download it from the download section of this site)
    14. Proceed
    15. You may get a 1015 error. Just kick the Device out of Recovery using TU as well.

Hope that works. I downgraded a friend's 3Gs who mistaken upgraded to 4.0.2 last night and everything went without a hitch.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to azraeil For This Useful Post:

Userjan (2010-09-26), wuilly (2010-10-01)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have a problem with this, not getting it done.

I have a 3G on 4.1, i used TU to download a 4.01 shsh file, TU tells me i could either restore to the shsh4.1 and shsh4.01

I've downloaded the 4.01 firmware and booted my iPhone in recovery mode so i can select the firmware i want to load.

It's looking for a.ipsw file though, and the downloaded firmware does not contain a .ipsw file so i can't select this firmware.

I'm clearly missing something here, since i have been able to download a 4.01.shsh i would say i have to select this file somehow to reset to 4.01

Hope somebody can shine some light on this..

Thx in advance...

(edit: have adjusted my host file, running windows7)

Often windows renames the ipsw file to a zip file. Just change the file extension back to ipsw rather than unzipping.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to eyeRobot For This Useful Post:

Userjan (2010-09-26)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thx for your help, still no luck though, tride a few different kinds of firmware, they all tell me "firmware file not compatible"

Not sure where to go from here....

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Userjan For This Useful Post:

djarfan (2010-09-27), [email protected] (2010-09-27)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Download from here : iClarified - iPhone - Where To Download iPhone Firmware Files From
    If in .rar or .zip form , rename the extension to .ipsw , then you will see a cube form.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Jahooooooooooooo... it worked, not sure if i somehow had the wrong firmware before but i downloaded the firmware from the link yeow202 posted and it worked.

I was so fed up with it yesterday that i gave up on it, wanted to give it another try this morning, i basiclly followed the steps described by azraeil

1. Download TinyUmbrella The Firmware Umbrella
    2. Extract the SHSHs from Cydia - Connect your iPhone, run TU -- clicked on Advance -- Select the SHSHs from Cydia that you want to save to your local machine -- select Cydia as the Repo -- Click Saved my SHSHs
    3. If you have the SHSH stored, then it will extract it from Cydia and save it in /Documents and Settings/user x/.shsh folder.
    4. You need to edit the host file now
    5. Add this line to your host file 127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com
    6. Save
    7. Exit Skype or anything that is using Port 80 (a proxy server for example)
    8. Click on start TSS Server
    9. Run iTunes
    10. Put your iPhone in DFU mode
    11. iTunes will say that it has found an iPhone in recovery mode
    12. Press Shift and click on restore
    13. Point to the stock 4.0 firmware (you can download it from the download section of this site)
    14. Proceed
    15. You may get a 1015 error. Just kick the Device out of Recovery using TU as well.
    I just didnt do step 10 and 11, Just hooked up my phone this morning, launched TU server and iTunes and moved on at step 12.

This did the trick for me....

Thx for your help guys.... got MY phone back

Glad to hear it works for you! I know the feeling.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12