Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS 3.1.3 - Error 3194?

Default 3GS 3.1.3 - Error 3194?
    Hey, I've had my iPhone 3GS on firmware 3.1.3 for awhile. It has never been jailbroken/unlocked and today I decided to jailbreak it.
    I went to jailbreakme.com on my iPhone and it jailbroke my phone.
    Then I went on Cydia, searched for Ultrasn0w and clicked install then it was on a black screen installing, and that little bar (install status) stopped moving for a veryyy long time so I decided to restart the phone because the installation was not going anywhere... Now when I open Cydia, it crashes right away and goes back to the home screen.

Now, I tried to restore to firmware 3.1.3 (my current version). I tried adding that signature to my hosts file and tried restoring and I got an error; An unknown error occurred (3194). And yes, my iTunes is updated.

I would love to have your help, then you!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Never jailbroken means No shsh, if you are to restore, 4.1 is your only option.
    You can try. Point your hosts file to cydia, download tiny umbrella as a tool to save shsh and to kick out of recovery. Do the shift + restore to 4.0 or 4.0.1, you might get lucky
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-09-15 at 05:29 AM.

I got this same error with a jailbroken 3GS and tried to update to 4.0.1.

Thanks

Error 3194 ?, then you don't have any shsh with Cydia, you have to wait for a new jailbreak.

Thanks

3194 is the same as the message "this device is ineligible for the requested build". Unless you have shsh's you won't be able to install anything other than 4.1.

And there is no way to jailbreak/unlock with 4.1, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    Never jailbroken means No shsh, if you are to restore, 4.1 is your only option.
    You can try. Point your hosts file to cydia, download tiny umbrella as a tool to save shsh and to kick out of recovery. Do the shift + restore to 4.0 or 4.0.1, you might get lucky
    Hey, yeow202, would you happen to be more specific about the directions? I have never used tiny umbrella, so I would like to know what to do. Thanks
    Last edited by SickDream; 2010-09-15 at 08:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

If you are into jailbreaking, tiny Umbrella is a very important tool to use. Go download Tiny Umbrellla which I will now abbreviate with TU. TU is all about shsh blogs, play with it, you will know what i mean.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    If it's still jailbroken and you installed something like OpenSSH you can fix cydia manually