Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 4 w/ saved blobs PLEASE

Default Iphone 4 w/ saved blobs PLEASE
    I've done everything right and careful since I've been in the world of JB. But, now I need to restore because for some reason my phone went into stuck mode, etc.

I have the blobs so I did all the host editing to go to Sauriks Server. I have the Iphone 4. So, when I go to Itunes and hit shift (windows 7) and restore, I get the right open box to select my custom firmware. Problem is, I cannot find any firmware!!! And I even downloaded a few from the download section of this website, and cannot find it as a choice to select for restore. Do I need to unzip or have a special zip software downloaded? I know someone suggested WNR??? forgot the name. MANY THANKS. If anyone can help me via Sauriks server to give me the shortcuts, email me and I'll hook you up.

Finally, what do the blobs on Suariks Server help us out with? That our jailbreak was saved and we don't have to re download everything again?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

First, the most likely reason you can't find the firmware you downloaded is because the extension is .zip instead of .ipsw. Find the file you downloaded and change the extension.

Secondly, the blobs you've saved are the signatures that Apple sends to iTunes to confirm that your device is eligible to install that firmware. Thanks to Saurik creating a server to save those signatures, we can "play them back" well after the time that Apple stops signing those requests.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Yes, do not unzip, just rename the ext from .zip to .ipsw , that is your firmware.