Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help!!!! Jailbreak 4.1 [3GS]

Thanks

Default Help!!!! Jailbreak 4.1 [3GS]
    Hey i Jus Got A 3GS And its On Version 4.1 I tryed To Downgrade But No Luck,I Look Everywhere For A Jailbreak But Only Find The One For Mac...Do i Have To Use A Mac? or Can Anyone Help Me Jailbreak My iPhone 3gs on 4.1

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

You need shsh blogs to downgrade. There are certain steps to take before you can downgrade. Even if you can downgrade and do the jailbreak, you are not going to have it unlock.
    Alright, I assume you have the so called magical shsh blogs:
    Try this out :
    Edit your hosts file with Notepad ( you need admin permission if using Vista/Win 7 to point to Cydia by adding this line:
    74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    Put your iphone into DFU mode
    Shift + Restore to 4.0 or 4.0.1 ipsw.
    You have to get ready you Tiny Umbrella to kick error 1015 out of recovery
    If everything goes well, then you will arrive at Emergency Screen.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

Drizzy_Dizzy (2010-09-12)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have the same problem here, just bought a 3gs from someone, unfortunately it is on 4.1, and do not have the shsh files, is there any tutorials to jailbreak this version ?

Thanks

Do you have new or old bootrom? If it is the new bootrom you will have to wait for greenpoison, which is just *days* away.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

how do i check for bootrom ? through the 4th and 5th digits of the serial number ? correct me if im wrong.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have new bootrom

Which is 359.3.2 . That means i have to wait for the jailbreak, anyone knows the estimated date for release ?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

The bootrom is irrelevant if there are no SHSHs to downgrade with.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Would it be Unlockable then?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    The bootrom is irrelevant if there are no SHSHs to downgrade with.
    ok that means need to wait till next jailbreak right ?

Another thing, sometimes when i am running an app , it always crashes and return to home menu, what is the possible problem ?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Yeah you'll have to wait till the next jb. And no, if you've gotten up to 4.1 without preserving baseband, you cannot unlock and might not be able to for a few months.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Yeap, it makes 2 of us; at the present time all we can do, is waiting...As for me Im using mine as an ipod-touch, till I can unlock it

I don't understand which baseband are u talking about! Baseband is the modem firmware, when mine was running 4.02 the baseband was the same (5.14.02) as now with 4.1.
    Last edited by agmi; 2010-10-02 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    Yeah you'll have to wait till the next jb. And no, if you've gotten up to 4.1 without preserving baseband, you cannot unlock and might not be able to for a few months.
    MY iphone is unlocked by my carrier, maxis malaysia. So u mean if i jailbreak my phone network will be unusable ?

Thanks

If your iphone comes from Mazis, then you don't have to unlock , it is already unlocked for Mazis but not any other carriers. You just have to wait for new jailbreak.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

dchew (2010-10-03)

All iPhone sold in Malaysia is factory unlocked. The MCMC will not allow phones that are sold to Malaysia to be locked to a carrier. So iPhone sold by Digi or Maxis are factory unlocked.

You just need to Jailbreak the phone.

Thanks

I don't really think so that iphone is factory unlocked in Malaysia, I have a friend , he has to buy an iphone from UK for 500 pounds and unlock it to use in Malaysia. Those days, without a plan, you pay a full price of RM3,000 for a 32 gig 3GS.
    I am from Kuala Lumpur too but now live in Canada, I know all phones in Malaysia are unlocked but only iphones are locked to Maxis. My understanding is Maxis is the only carrier carrying Iphones so it has to be locked to Maxis. Could you comfirm it ? I would like to know too.

So if you say iphones are factory unlocked, then someone could purchase with a plan at a discounted price and then use it on 016, 017, 019 carriers too other than 012 of Maxis.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-10-02 at 10:15 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    I don't really think so that iphone is factory unlocked in Malaysia, I have a friend , he has to buy an iphone from UK for 500 pounds and unlock it to use in Malaysia. Those days, without a plan, you pay a full price of RM3,000 for a 32 gig 3GS.
    I am from Kuala Lumpur too but now live in Canada, I know all phones in Malaysia are unlocked but only iphones are locked to Maxis. My understanding is Maxis is the only carrier carrying Iphones so it has to be locked to Maxis. Could you comfirm it ? I would like to know too.

So if you say iphones are factory unlocked, then someone could purchase with a plan at a discounted price and then use it on 016, 017, 019 carriers too other than 012 of Maxis.
    Yes, fortunately iphone in Malaysia that is carried by digi or Maxis is factory unlocked. If you buy an iphone from Maxis with call plan, u can still use it on digi simcards.

And thats what i am doing now. =)

yeow, it's confirmed that iPhone sold by Maxis and Digi (I'm not talking about the street vendors version or the one sold in Low Yatt) are factory unlocked.

In fact, you can check out whether the iPhones in your country are factory unlocked or not by looking at this website Locating iPhone wireless carriers

The plan by Digi is quite good though but as for the discount, it's not that good. You will still have to pay close to RM2000-2700 for the iPhone 4 on a plan ... In Saudi, you can get a 32GB iPhone 4 on a pre-paid plan (no contract etc etc) for SAR3099 (USD826) which is a very good deal.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by azraeil View Post
    yeow, it's confirmed that iPhone sold by Maxis and Digi (I'm not talking about the street vendors version or the one sold in Low Yatt) are factory unlocked.

In fact, you can check out whether the iPhones in your country are factory unlocked or not by looking at this website Locating iPhone wireless carriers

The plan by Digi is quite good though but as for the discount, it's not that good. You will still have to pay close to RM2000-2700 for the iPhone 4 on a plan ... In Saudi, you can get a 32GB iPhone 4 on a pre-paid plan (no contract etc etc) for SAR3099 (USD826) which is a very good deal.
    Thanks man for comfirming this .
    Are you from Malaysia too ? Fellowmen..hahaha

yeow ... yeah ... working in the Middle East

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast