Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS 4.1 No SHSH

Default 3GS 4.1 No SHSH
    Hey guys,

I'm new to all this. I've just got myself a 3GS from a friend and it appears to be locked to a Network that I don't have a service with (I'm on Vodafone AU, and it's a Telstra handset) and I want to unlock it so I can use it on my network. I figured I'd have to jailbreak, then unlock the phone?

Anyway, the phone is currently on the 4.1 firmware, I can't seem to find a way to roll it back to 4.0 or 4.0.1 from 4.1 without SHSH?

I'm super n00b with this so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. The Following User Says Thank You to iOrion For This Useful Post:

fdamian (2010-09-14)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Even if it does have SHSH and you are able to downgrade it you wont be able to unlock it. 4.1 has a baseband update which kills ultrasn0w unlock and the baseband cannot be downgraded on a 3GS.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Even if it does have SHSH and you are able to downgrade it you wont be able to unlock it. 4.1 has a baseband update which kills ultrasn0w unlock and the baseband cannot be downgraded on a 3GS.
    So How Can I Jailbreak My iPhone 3GS Just Got it From A Friend And Had To Update It im on 4.1 - 05.14.02 is The only Jailbreak For Mac only For Now?

Thanks

Download tiny umbrella and see if you have SHSH for 4.0.1 by clicking advanced choosing 4.0.1 for 3GS. If tiny umbrella comes back as saying it has them then you can downgrade. If not then there is nothing you can do but wait for the next jailbreak to be released.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Drizzy_Dizzy (2010-09-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Download tiny umbrella and see if you have SHSH for 4.0.1 by clicking advanced choosing 4.0.1 for 3GS. If tiny umbrella comes back as saying it has them then you can downgrade. If not then there is nothing you can do but wait for the next jailbreak to be released.
    Yea Just Tryed Im S.O.L On The Downgrade LoL But What About Jailbreaking? Do i Have To Use A Mac Or Will There Be A Jailbreak For Windows Soon?

Thanks

There is no official jailbreak out for 4.1 yet for Mac or windows. The unofficial pwnage tool that is floating around right now is only for iPhone 3GS with old bootrom, and even then you have to be jailbroken on a lower firmware (which you cant get to without SHSH).

Thanks

LoL I Been Jailbreakin Iphone,Itouch for a While And When i Got My 3gs I Cant Do Nothin LMAO Its Like A Midget Trying To Jump Over The Great Wall Of China - Jus Ant Gonna Happen lol

I Geuss Just Wait For A Jailbreak To Come Out....

so i have an iphone 4.0.2 and if i theoritically can get it to 4.0.1 can i still unlock? b/c i have found a way to do it,

Cool

Apparently I've got the new bootrom so I'm pretty much screwed for the minute.

Where's the best place to look for updates on Jailbreaking the 3GS 4.1?

Thanks

Coming here or checking iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials regularly will keep you pretty up to date. Also following all the major players on twitter is a good idea.